How to create multiple pipelines?

Hi there,

I have 3-4 different types of sales pipelines and each of them have different stages in the pipeline. For example:

• influencers have stages like lead, contacted, contract signed, device sent, reviews made, email sent.
  • referrals have stages like lead, contacted, meeting set, device tried, intro made
  • researchers have stages like lead, contacted, meeting set, study planned, grant found, grant applied to
  • job candidates have stages like lead, phone screen, interviewed, offer made
  • grants have stages like lead, partner found, proposal submitted, plan made, budget set, grant submitted

If possible, I’d like to use one piece of software to track all of this to make reporting easier for me. So my question is, how can I use ERPNext to track this? Is the idea of multiple pipelines supported?

Perhaps I can have different projects for each type of pipeline and associate each contact with a project. But then, how do I track the contacts progress through different stages?

What if I were to clone the CRM module and re-define the stages in it? How would I go about doing this?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Naman

Hi,

You can create custom workflows for each document type. Here is the help on the same.

Thanks! Now, I’m designing custom workflows where a person can be in any of the pipelines I mentioned in my op.

My questions are:

1. what should the Document Type be? Opportunity, Contacts, Customers, Lead?
  2. i have multiple pipelines (see op), would you suggest I have multiple workflows for each or same workflow with different states? If same workflow, how will ERPNext handle conflicts?
  3. should I just create a custom Doc Type for each pipeline?

Thanks for this.