How to create a sales invoice for an advance payment?

So I have an SO which I created against a customer’s purchase order. I need to send the customer an invoice for 25% of the total PO amount so that they can make an advance payment for the same.

But creating an invoice through the “make invoice” option in the Sales Order bills the entire amount in the invoice. I want to make it so that only 25% of the actual order value is shown on the advance invoice. Any advice?

You should change the quantity manually in the Sales Invoice for 25%.

That’s one way, but what I want to show is:

List of items

1. A - $300
  2. B - $500
  3. C - $200
    Grand Total - $ 1000

Advance Payable @ 25%- $250
In Words: USD Two Hundred Fifty.

The reason is, the customer pays us 25% up front, and the rest upon delivery of the goods.
Is there a way to do this? I’d appreciate any advice.

Hi,
Refer link for Advance Payment

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/accounts/advance-payment-entry.html

Hi, I think it is better if you send them PI for the total amount and note in the Terms and Conditions regarding the amount you want them to pay… Example below:

Terms and Conditions:

1. 25% of invoice amount should be paid in advance. ($250)
  2. Remaining balance of 75% to be paid in full upon delivery. ($750)

Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for. There doesn’t appear to be a built-in way to make a Pro-Forma Invoice. (The reason I didn’t use the term PI was because it seems to mean different things to different people. :sweat_smile:) I think it’ll be a good feature to have though, since I realize most of my customers don’t really have the time to read invoices, lol.