How to configure Mandrill SMTP?

I am a first time user of of ERPNext with a self hosted installation.

I’m trying to setup email using Google Apps POP, and Mandrill SMTP. The ERPNext email configuration form does not have fields for the Mandrill username or password. So I attempted to install “Mandrill Integration”, but I got the error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 57, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 20, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 37, in execute_cmd
    ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 805, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/page/applications/applications.py", line 79, in install_app
    frappe.installer.install_app(name)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py", line 124, in install_app
    sync_for(name, force=True, sync_everything=True, verbose=verbose)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/sync.py", line 49, in sync_for
    update_progress_bar("Updating {0}".format(app_name), i, l)
  File "/home/doovlada/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/__init__.py", line 387, in update_progress_bar
    sys.stdout.flush()
 IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

In the interim, I have managed to get email working using Google’s SMTP.

But how can I get Mandrill setup?

Have you setup all the redis?

Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

Today, I received an email from Mandrill saying that they are changing their policies to require users to have BOTH a paid monthly Mandrill account AND a paid monthly Mailchimp account. Since I have no need for a Mailchimp account, I intend to change to a different SMTP host.

I therefore need to revise my initial inquiry to:

How can I configure ERPNext to have Google as my POP and another host as my SMTP?

Regarding your question about Redis, I forwarded it to my developer and he said:

Well redis-server is set up as an installation step for the underlaying Frappe framework on which ERP works.

The documentation does not state that additional databases or servers are needed for ERPNext.

As a next step, please ask them to point us towards any documentation that might solve this particular issue. Or if any additional undocumented redis-server config is needed, to help us through it.

Please also see that attached screencap.

An additional comment from my developer:

I have re-checked, redis is definitely running smd up to date. In fact from what i can see, erpnext is using it automatically. It would be great if the developers could tell us if there are some custom config files that need to be set.