How to add a custom module on the main dashboard V12

I have installed a custom module on a V12 ERPNExt instance. Custom Docs are accessible directly from the awesome bar and I can see the module in installed modules in about.
How can I add the module on the dashboard?

Got this working by creating a desktop.py and module_name.py under config folder

1 Like

This is a working solution but do we need to manually create the <module_name>.py file and content?

I guess in V12 you NEED to have that file. Previously you could have a desk icon for each module but apparently in V12 you have to explicitily create your navigation

It shows up if I use desktop.py
Then I create custom_module.py file and if within that file I use custom DocType it would not create a page with all menu items, but drop-down menu on desktop would work. Any idea why?

which config folder ?

config is in the same folder where hook.py is

Thanks for prompt reply, i open desktop.py and this what i found :

-- coding: utf-8 --

from future import unicode_literals
from frappe import _

def get_data():
return [
{
“module_name”: “Publisher”,
“color”: “grey”,
“icon”: “octicon octicon-file-directory”,
“type”: “module”,
“label”: _(“Publisher”)
}
]

I create a module called publisher and i want it to show it at desktop in v12.

i will appreciate any help :slight_smile:

You shoud have a publisher.py file under the same folder. That’s the one you need to edit

1 Like

Can someone post a step by step guide to have this working? From creation of a new module to have a doctype displayed? I’m going crazy with this

Sir,
How did you do it? can you please share the code

Check this PR Big update from following tutorial with frappe v12 and more feature by FHenry · Pull Request #7 · frappe/library_management · GitHub
config/desktop.py and config/library_management.py

Hello Sir,
This is what is in the App Desktop.py

Change type
“category”: “Modules”,

1 Like

thank you sir its working perfectly fine now
All the respect :heart_eyes: