How to account for Goods in the custody of Sales Representative until he distribute and sells the Goods?

That is true. My custom version also has the check box to turn on Allow Print Before Pay. That was a direct result of my Pull Requests. Glad to see it is in the standard version now. In my custom version is is actually called Allow Draft Print before Submit.

I hope to see several more options appear here for the POS users.

BKM

@bkm if i understand Mr Jay very well,what he is trying to develop is an app that will be standalone on android device and sychronise with the ERPnext.So i don’t expect it to be a heavy app.Once install directly on an android hand held device i believe it should be able to print directly from the inbult printer.The printing directly from handheld device is a very major breakthrough i have been searching for more than one year.So @JayRam kindly take into considerations all the design information i mentioned in above post particularly the direct printing.I will be willing to contribute to its development.Thanks.

Ok. Pardon my misunderstanding. I am so used to trying to make everything fit “into” ERPNext that the idea of an external app was not on my radar. If you can get that to work then it may be quite fast since it would not rely on the ERPNext structure to be running.

Good Luck.

BKM

@bkm you have not offended me at all.Who knows whether i am the one wrong in my perception of what Mr Jay has in mind.
@JayRam Kindly clarify us.Is your app a standalone that will sychronise with erpnext or just an extension of erpnext,will it be installable on android devices?

It is an Android app and will use Rest API to work with ERPNext. So while the app will have simple interfaces, the transactions will all happen on ERPNext on the back end. Hey! This is an ERPNext forum. We HAVE to use ERPNext, right? Or move this discussion elsewhere. :slight_smile:

A future version will be able to do transactions with a local cached database. And synch up with ERPNext when the device is back online. Though you need to worry about security if you allow this. Like if the Driver makes deliveries on cash by deliberately going offline but is able to provide a printed invoice and then clears data on the app before coming back online, we may have a situation on hand.

Thanks

Jay

So in summary the web page of sales invoice from the erpnext will still be what will be printed.Ok

This was perfect for me …I thank you alot for the enlightenment… i tested it and everything looks great except for one matter, Credit Sales (Sale on Account) … i tried setting up Credit Sales in the POS Mode of Payment, but they system didn’t allow me to link the credit Sales with Debtors account (Accounts Receivable) … how are you treating such matter?

For us… Sale on Account is actually where we give the customer 30 day terms. We created a separate mode of payment for this and called it “On Account”

Credit Card sales are considered Bank Transactions. Our business treats them as CASH sales. So the account we link to is bank account like a check would be linked. We have a merchant account for the credit card transactions and the money is immediately deposited into the bank account. We let the accounting department handle the monthly G/L entry for the transaction fees separately. The drivers can access the credit card approval service through their smart phone and they are required to put the card transaction approval number in that extra PO field we had added to the POS screen. The cannot hit the SUBMIT button until they get the approval on their phone from the credit card processing site. We handle all credit card transactions outside of ERPNext because the system doesn’t have a good way to handle card readers at this time.

Our accounting practices are a little different because we have a 3rd party accounting program we are forced to use so do not judge your work on how we do things here. Your accounting will be much better if you stay within ERPNext.

Glad you were able to use the information about how to manage mobile sales reps. It is not the easiest thing to figure out. We had many mistakes along the way until we settled on what I laid out for you. I can’t imagine doing it any differently now.

BKM