How Gameplan UI is accessible

I installed gameplan as a frappe app on an existing site as usual but I could not understand how to access the User Interface of Gameplan. Has anyone tried this? A hint about this will help me to evaluate the game plan UI.

You can access like this http://localhost/teams

1 Like

Thanks , however got following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/website/serve.py", line 18, in get_response
    response = renderer_instance.render()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py", line 78, in render
    html = self.get_html()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/website/utils.py", line 510, in cache_html_decorator
    html = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py", line 95, in get_html
    html = self.render_template()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py", line 232, in render_template
    html = frappe.render_template(self.source, self.context, safe_render=safe_render)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/utils/jinja.py", line 85, in render_template
    return get_jenv().from_string(template).render(context)
  File "env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 1301, in render
    self.environment.handle_exception()
  File "env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 936, in handle_exception
    raise rewrite_traceback_stack(source=source)
  File "<template>", line 17, in top-level template code
  File "env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jinja2/filters.py", line 1688, in do_tojson
    return htmlsafe_json_dumps(value, dumps=dumps, **kwargs)
  File "env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jinja2/utils.py", line 658, in htmlsafe_json_dumps
    dumps(obj, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/json/__init__.py", line 238, in dumps
    **kw).encode(obj)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/json/encoder.py", line 199, in encode
    chunks = self.iterencode(o, _one_shot=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/json/encoder.py", line 257, in iterencode
    return _iterencode(o, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/json/encoder.py", line 179, in default
    raise TypeError(f'Object of type {o.__class__.__name__} '
TypeError: Object of type DebugUndefined is not JSON serializable

If you try to setup Gameplan right now, it shows a blank screen. I am working on an onboarding screen which will fix this problem. Also, please open Gameplan related discussions and issues at the Gameplan GitHub repository.

Thanks, Just evaluating it to understand , will wait for onboarding screen to see it in action

@netchampfaris

I just installed and tested out gameplan

As someone who actively uses tasks managers (clicklup/Asana etc) day to day I am wondering what the game plan is ? (Pun intended)

Is this meant to be a task management tool? If it is …yikes …it has a long way to go before been anyway near useful considering how very competitive that terrain is

Or is it just a communication tool? in which case …why ?

I know my comments sound quite negative, I typed it many times but no other way could I get my point across. I apologise for this

But why Game plan?

1 Like

@olamide_shodunke Same experience. After installing it, I realize it has a long way to go if it is a task management tool. I believe it would work better as an internal company communication tool. Task management can be achieved with integrating with existing advanced tools

File management feature becomes must for task management and integration with matured app for task project management and file management is advisable

@olamide_shodunke

Thanks for your comments.

The GitHub readme answers the “What is Gameplan?” question. Quoting from the GitHub Readme

Gameplan is a work communication tool for teams who mostly work remote and prefer having meaningful discussions in an async format. We built it for ourselves because we were finding it difficult to keep track of so many conversations in our chat tool

Gameplan is an async communication tool first. We (the Frappe team) use it quite heavily to have discussions. That is the focus right now. I am building it based on the feedback I receive from the Frappe team.

I know that task management features are very lackluster. I might focus on them later when we start using task management.

Also, one of my goals is to build an open-source product with the best user experience.

If you are looking for a task management tool, you can ignore Gameplan.

4 Likes

Is it not working with v14 stabe , we want to use it . Pls confirm

I heard in the Frappe cloud you should access nightly build (instead of version 14). I have not tried

Has anyone tested this on a production site?

@zerodiscount We at Frappe use Gameplan internally for all our discussions and it has been pretty stable.

@michelle - thanks - it still requires development version of frappe? any guidance on approx timing when it will become available on the production version of frappe?

Why is the gameplan look like this now? when i installed on nightly @michelle

My profile not clickable

Teams cannot be deleted / rename

@zerodiscount Gameplan currently works with develop branch of Frappe Framework. It will work with v15 and above when v15 is released.

@yhenn

You are logged in as Administrator, you need to create a new user.
Teams can be archived. Rename is not yet implemented.

2 Likes

Thanks @netchampfaris i try it and give feedback