How do I change the email FROM field from "Notification" to the account name

Hello,

I’ve been trying to set up some email accounts to setup the support module and every time a mail is sent to the customer it appears like

Notification "support@domain.com

or if I send emails from a quotation the recipient sees it as

Notification “info@domain.com

If I uncheck the option

“Always use Account’s Email ID as Sender”

Then the mails are sent as

Name Surname “useremail@domain.com

which I don’t want to happen since I don’t want personal addresses exposed. Is there a setting I’m missing to change the default sender name from “Notification”?

Thanks again for the help.

To add up to my question I tracked the issue down to the following line of code in
/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py
which is responsible of setting the “Notification” word as the From field in the email

if not self.sender or cint(self.outgoing_email_account.always_use_account_email_id_as_sender):
    self.sender = formataddr([frappe.session.data.full_name or "Notification", self.outgoing_email_account.email_id])

Because the frappe.session.data.full_name is empty in these cases for some reason, the default word “Notification” is used.
What I did to alter the behaviour so it would use the email account name instead
was change the code as follows:

near line 173

self.sender = formataddr([frappe.session.data.full_name or self.outgoing_email_account.email_account_name, self.outgoing_email_account.email_id])

near line 206

self.outgoing_email_account = frappe.db.get_value("Email Account",
    {"append_to": self.reference_doctype, "enable_outgoing": 1},
    ["email_id", "always_use_account_email_id_as_sender", "email_account_name"], as_dict=True)

near line 215

self.outgoing_email_account = frappe.db.get_value("Email Account",
    {"default_outgoing": 1, "enable_outgoing": 1},
    ["email_id", "always_use_account_email_id_as_sender", "email_account_name"], as_dict=True) or frappe._dict()

However this is a workaround working in my case so I’d still like to know if this could be altered somewhere else to work better because I really haven’t found any option to change this behavior in ERPNext.

Any help is appreciated.

Facing the same. Any hope @rushabh_mehta

Thanks will fix this.

Any news about this? I still get exposed personal email addresses and I have no clue how to work around this after the latest updates in communication.py

How long it will take?