How can manage barcode for weighed items in POS?

I actually have a client using it on v11 …but not v12

Thank you guys for the reply. Can you share the git link for the code?

Also would like to know if you were able to get customer Display (VFD) working at point of sales.

1 Like

I have some weight based items but all contain the same common barcode, is there a way for the POS to ask the user to enter the weight when the particular item is scanned each time. If the item is scanned more than once, it should continue to ask for weight every time but add the new weight to the previous weight already there.

The use case I have is we sell Paneer (cheese) and all brands we store do not use weight based barcodes and instead just have the kilogram weight printed on it. When customers buy more than one pack, it would be nice to not have to use a separate calculator to add up the weight before editing the weight on the POS. The weight is all around the place, eg. 0.423kg, 0.316kg, 0.298kg, 0.501kg, etc.

can you please help me to integrate weight scale with pos software

Hi,
What version of ERPNext are you using?

We have never connected directly but I assume someone here on the group managed.

Anyway in what can I help you?

Can someone recommend the weight scale model/brand which can be integrated with V12

Any update in v13, I need to scan barcode weight item, but not sure which is right way to do it.
It should be standard feature when we use POS.

1 Like

See POS Awesome.

hi,
can you able to do it?