How can I create BOQ for a Project?

Hello,
How can I create BOQ for a Project?
Please, I need someone to explain to me the process to create BOQ for a Project.

Thanks.

you an define a project in BOQ.

Thank you for your response.
Can you please explain in detail how to do it?

Thank you for your response @ Techone_ERP.
Can you please explain in detail how to do it.

Bill of Quantity equivalent on ERPNext is Bill of Material or BOM. You can tie a BOM down to a project.

The other option is for you to create the Sales Order as a BOQ.

If you explain the downstream processes of what you do after creating a BOQ, somebody here can help you figure out how to do it on ERPNext.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

I really appreciate your response @ JayRam.
I actually want to know how to go about this for a Construction Company ( Real Estate ).

In Construction Projects, is it possible to link BOM to a task?.

really appreciate your response @ JayRam.
I actually want to know how to go about this for a Construction Company ( Real Estate ).

In Construction Projects, is it possible to link BOM to a task?.

It really depends on what the Construction Company wants to be on top of. What they want to monitor/control. Are they worried about Project Profitability? Are they worried about consumption of raw materials for the project.

There are multiple ways ERPNext can be used to help a construction company. You need to work with them to understand what business outcomes they want to achieve by implementing ERPNext.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you very much @JayRam.

For example, the construction company want to build 21 storey building, they want to know the material consumption and Labour to execute every stages in a Project.
Can you please guide me on how to do this in ERPNext.

Thanks.

Pretty simple. As a materials get issued to the project and consumed, make a stock entry Purpose: Material Issue and charge it to an appropriate account (such as Cost of Goods Sold. Or the appropriate material consumption account). Also charge the issued material to the project. When the time gets paid out (it becomes slightly more complicated if the workers are getting paid a salary, rather than an hourly rate), again charge it to the project.

Will labor be in the form of time? If yes, use time sheets to charge it to the Project.

If labor is outsourced, the company will get invoices for labor. Again charge those Purchase Invoices to the Project.

Go to P&L select the project and Boom! you get the total cost charged to the project thus far.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Thank you very much @JayRam.

God bless you.

You can define project name And House type in your BOQ