How can I build and publish project to ubuntu server

how to deploy erpnext on ubuntu for production? I have installed in my system and run the project with bench start command, But I want to know how can I build and publish project to ubuntu server.

@megha007 just install the app on ubuntu server the same way you did on your local machine .

okay. but my query is if I run bench start command, then it will run the website. but I want to keep my website running without bench start command, because if I stop this command my website don’t get any response. Hope I described my point well.

@megha007 on a server when you do bench start for the first time and close the terminal , it will keep running . even when you modify the code it will detect the changes while running .
if you have another computer you can use it as a local server and run erpnext on it . nothing will make you gets better than experience.
you can also buy a small server to test .

Okay. I have try this and it is working. But I have another question regarding bench start command. I have run the command and closed the terminal, but when I am running this command again in terminal it creating issue “bind: Address already in use”. Please guide me how can I deal with it. Should I stop this running website or do another thing to work porperly.

@megha007 beside the command bench start and bench restart you may think there is a command bench stop , but there is not :slight_smile: . you have to manually kill the process running the bench . or wait till restart your computer .

okay Thank you… your answers helped me a lot… Thank you so much

The information you have gotten here is incorrect. The bench setup command is used for a development set up, but for production you should use supervisorctl and an nginx reverse proxy.

https://frappeframework.com/docs/v13/user/en/bench/guides/setup-production

Thank you for the reply. But please can you tell me sudo bench setup production user_name command will work. as I have run this command is shows syntax is OK and test successful, how will get the output on browser window?

Typically, you would access the site with a domain name, but you should be able to access it via IP address too. Look at the nginx logs at /var/log/nginx/* for details if it’s not working.

okay…Thank you…