How add new Search fields in searching a Contact?

Hi,

I am trying to add the ability to search a contact by Mobile Number or email Id. Now I did the following but I am still not able to get the option of Mobile Number or email id in the search of contact. The only field I can currently search a contact with is ID and nothing else.

This is what I did:
  • In customise form view I have updated the search fields of a contact
  • But even after clearing cache and refreshing, when I click on search by field there is no option except for ID.

Please let me know what am I missing.

Hi Aditya,

Search fields may not be compatible with "customize form view". Will try and fix this soon.

Thanks for reporting

- Rushabh

---------------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP.

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 26-Jan-2012, at 3:59 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to add the ability to search a contact by Mobile Number or email Id. Now I did the following but I am still not able to get the option of Mobile Number or email id in the search of contact. The only field I can currently search a contact with is ID and nothing else.

This is what I did:
  • But even after clearing cache and refreshing, when I click on search by field there is no option except for ID.

Check

Hi,

This is what I did:

Hi,

This has been fixed.
Please try again and let me know.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

This is what I did:

Working as expected. Thanks for the quick resolution

Hi Aditya & Rishabh
I am trying same task with “Search Item” box where current value is searched with item-code, i changed value to item description, so that it will search with description content. But its not working. Can you guide me on this matter, if i am missing any point on it.

Please start a new topic on a thread and don’t ask specific people this forum is for everyone.