Higher load on server

Hi!

Is anyone experiencing a higher ram comsumption on his server since v5?

I changed to a new VPS server with Debian 7 64 bits and 512M of ram, from Debian 7 32 bits and 256 M, and noticed that the load on the server was higher than before, which I think it is normal since 64 bits should use more memory for the programs?!

I was at 70-75% ram consumption on this new server with V4, and I have noticed that after updating to v5, the server is most of the time now between 80-90%.

What are your ram comsumption on your server?

I only have Virtualmin, csf and ERPNext, and only 2 users use the server.

Thanks and kind regards from Spain,

And ERPNext is going very sloooow.

Is it my server? I think this is since the issue with Redis server!?

Thanks and regards,

Hi,

Is it possible that is a use with Chrome (Chromodo)? In Firefox goes at a more normal speed.

I was waiting all marning for each form to complete in Chrome!!

Kind regards,

So, does it run okay on firefox and slow on chrome?
What version of ERPNext are you using?

Is the machine swapping a lot to disk (as your RAM is low)?

Hi pdvyas,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, there was a considerable difference.

I love ERPNext because the Lookup fields work great, and very fast.

Before in Chrome I had to wait several seconds for the Lookup field to start getting values. Now in Firefox is back to normal.

I am experiencing this Chrome slowness since yesterday. It was normal before.

I am using v5, and I did yesterday a bench update, had the Redis cache issue, and updated again as per your instructions:

bench update
bench retry-upgrade
sudo supervisorctl reload
sudo service nginx reload

I don’t think the machine is swapping a lot, but I am not an expert at all. I am sending attached a screenshot as you will have more criteria than me.

I must say that I was using Chromodo, that is a modified version of Chrome by COMODO, but is basically Chrome.

Many thanks and kind regards from Spain,

I test often in Chrome and have not seen any difference. Could be an issue related to the redis cache (?)

Hi rmehta!

Many thanks for your reply.

I do not know what it was. I switched back to Firefox, which I like more than Chrome, and just now I have tried again with Chrome and it seems to be back to normal the page load time.

Whatever it was, it has gone.

I am loving the new user interface and the new improvements!! Congratulation on your great job, many thanks and kind regards from Spain,

1 Like

It’s definitely Redis. When our issue with Redis got fixed everything went faster.

1 Like