Hi folks, I want to link folder to a project task, and whenever new task created new folder path has to be attached to that task. is there is any way to build this feature?

I know you might have a user case for this, could you share why you want to do it?

1. Way to do this would be too edit the uploader doctype and specify the storage location(auto generated based on project)

But this seems redundant.

Thanks.
Hi, right now when you upload any file to a task it will uploaded to this folder ‘/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/private/files’. now I want change the file paths like this:

1. /home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/private/files/task1.
  2. /home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/private/files/task2.

so that files uploaded to respected tasks will be there in individual task folders, It will give us a proper folder structure for further use.

Try this
Change if self.is_private: shutil.move(public_file_path, private_file_path) url_starts_with = "/private/files/" in line 149 /frappe/core/doctype/file/file.py to
if self.is_private: shutil.move(public_file_path, private_file_path) url_starts_with = "/private/files/"+doc.name

May need some debugging to get correct task/project name and to ensure none of the other file features including backups fail because of this.

thank you