GST settings missing in Accounts Module

Hi all,

I have installed ERPNext in my system Ubuntu 16.04. But there is no GST settings section in Accounts module.

Kindly anyone help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Aravind.

1 Like

HI ,

You can need to Any type of TAX template in ACCOUNT >SALES TAXES AND CHARGES TEMPLATE

Hi Sathams,

By doing configuration of GST settings in Role permission manager, I had solved this issue. But whenever I am opening the GST Settings page i am getting a error like below.

Here is a screenshot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 33, in getdoc
run_onload(doc)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 202, in run_onload
doc.run_method(“onload”)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 755, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1029, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1012, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 749, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/erpnext/erpnext/regional/doctype/gst_settings/gst_settings.py”, line 19, in onload
from tabAddress where country = “India” and ifnull(gstin, ‘’)!=‘’ ‘’')
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 183, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py”, line 165, in execute
result = self._query(query)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/cursors.py”, line 321, in _query
conn.query(q)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py”, line 860, in query
self._affected_rows = self._read_query_result(unbuffered=unbuffered)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py”, line 1061, in _read_query_result
result.read()
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py”, line 1349, in read
first_packet = self.connection._read_packet()
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py”, line 1018, in _read_packet
packet.check_error()
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/connections.py”, line 384, in check_error
err.raise_mysql_exception(self._data)
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/erpnext/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymysql/err.py”, line 107, in raise_mysql_exception
raise errorclass(errno, errval)
InternalError: (1054, u"Unknown column ‘gstin’ in ‘where clause’")

please help me to solve this.

Thanks.

Hi ,

Did you modify any script ?

No, I didn’t modify any script.
Thanks.

@Racer_Aravind Somehow, in your instance the custom field’s related to GST has not been created. As a workaround, may be you can change the country in Company record to any other country as temporary basis and save the company record. And then change it back to India. It should trigger the method which creates custom fields related to GST.

5 Likes

@nabinhait As per your suggestion I had tried and solved this issue successfully. Thank you .

Regards,
Aravind.

@nabinhait The workaround did not help.

Not able to view GST fields like GST Party Number, GST State.
I am using a self hosted v10 of ERPNext.
I tried restarting the instance and changing the country name to US and back to India but didn’t work for me.

Thank You So Much Sir my big issue solved.

I was unable to get HSN code and GSTIN field.

Again thanks .

Have you any notes, tips or snags you learned to pass on?

Document that here now, for all to refer and recall later :wink:

Hey there !

Can anyone help me with this, I have searched a lot but got nothing. I m unable to view GSTR-1 & GSTR-2 reports. There error message which is popping can be viewed in the screenshot.

Please help !

You can add necessary role permissions for GST Settings via Role Permissions Manager and set appropriate GST accounts

Thanks

Go to Company page
Change country to anything other than India.
Save it
Change it back to India
This is how it worked for me.

2 Likes

Recently When i submit purchase invoice, it says “please set gst accounts in gst settings” in V13

Once i install india compliance app, it solved the issue
In version-14, they moves some features in india-compliance, to make work install the app
[india-compliance] - git repo link

Check in erpnext → patches → v14_0 → remove_india_localisation.py file