GST @ ERPNext - Implementation

Yesterday we created our first GST compliant invoice.
It was a very smooth transition for us. Thank you ErpNext team for all your efforts. :blush:

I went through the forum and found many people struggling with automation of TAX Rate and Tax template.

I have implemented it in following manner, and I hope it helps everyone.

Step 1. Create accounts relevant for GST to your Company
Step 2. For tax rate most common to you, create Tax template. Eg- in our case 18% tax

Step 3. For items with different tax rate, configure its tax rate in item master. Eg - of 2 items with different tax rate.

Step 4. Create Tax Rule.Eg- In our case we have our business location in Gujarat. So we created 2 tax rules.

Create tax rule for In state GST with billing state gujarat with Priority 1 as below

Create tax rule for Out state GST with billing state as null with priority 2 as below

And you shall be able to automate tax rate and template with this steps as you can see in images below.

You shall see, that although tax rate in template is 18% (9+9), Tax is applied at rates mentioned in item master.

Thank you again ERPNext Team for all your continued efforts.

9 Likes

Hi Smit,
If you can put a snapshot of the final Invoice that will be helpful… as in the final print version… looking forward to it…

Thanks,
Deepak.

@agwl.deepak we have made quiet a lot of customizations. So standard format is not appropriate in this case.

If you want itemized tax rate, in print format… you may be required to customize… we have not done that yet.

Added a new print format “GST Tax Invoice” in v8.3.0

3 Likes

Hi Nabin,

Company Address is not showing in GST Tax Invoice. (it does not show in any print format) when it is created from sales order. If created directly then its showing all the fields.
Also, I think, the Heading should be showing Tax Invoice and not Sales Invoice

Please create a github issue

Hi nabinhait,

can you explain how exactly the Invoice Copy works (Original for recipient…) , because once we select original for recipient option and submit the invoice, we cant choose the duplicate and triplicate for printing, and if we print three copies of the same, then the purpose is defeated.

Still not working for West Bengal… state code validation is wrong checks for 37 instead of 19.
Also while storing the GSTIN in the address form the validation gives an error…looking for state code as 37 instead of 19…
The Sales Invoice is not showing the Company Name/GSTIN and other Company details…
Please look into this at high priority…let me say it this way that we are not able to GENERATE GST INVOICES…
Such issues are reported as PI in the so called Software Engineering world and fixed and code deployed -servers restarted. Turn around times are like 2-3 hours or less…
Also we are on a Hosted instance and not on a self deployed version…

@agwl.deepak @ajit.jain1
Thanks for reporting.
Pushed the fixed, will be deployed in your account in 30 mins or so.

@dhav_d We will fetch the company address automatically on sales invoice while making from sales order. For now, please select “company address name” in the invoice from address section.

We have made heading of the print format to “Tax Invoice”.

Hi Nabin,
Thanks for getting the fix in. I have another request. We should be having the Transport Details for every invoice to be stored.
Almost mandatory fields for manufacturing operations. Manufacturing companies typically have there own trucks plus they use other transporters. At there bare minimum we should be able to write the Despatch time, truck number and the phone number of the driver.

The invoice should also be a little more compact. It is common to have 4-5 items in an invoice. We should be able to accommodate about 10 items on a single page invoice. With all details like taxation, T&Cs, Customer details, Company details and other mandatory fields.
It leads to significant paper saving. Saves money and green too.
More information easily available at a single glance.
Let me know your thoughts on this…

1 Like

Another issue we are facing is that multiple items with the same HSN code are showing on different lines in the item-wise tax breakup table and taking up a lot of space. I think grouping the item-wise tax by HSN Code could be an option to reduce the clutter in the invoice format.

Wouldn’t it be more logical to have HSN linked tax rates ?
If we have 2 companies on an instance, right now we have to define 6 taxes per item.
(CGST, SGST & IGST per company)

HSN linked tax rates are difficult unless you are using all 8 digits because some items having same HSN code (4digits/8digits) have different tax rates.

1 Like

Also HSN linked rates may not be suitable as there are other variables too that determine rate of tax, like value of item.

1 Like

Makes sense.