Google Calendar Integration Bug

@chdecultot So I wanted to follow back up on this I got this working finally. You were correct. data migration run wasnt working due to Scheduler being off somehow (which all hell broke lose with pent up emails being sent) but then i would get 87 errors every 4 minutes due to the gCalendar integration which means viewing the error list doctype crashes Chrome for some reason. So big issues all around with list view, error handling in data migration and gCalendar integration. The main takeaway here is this is not ready for production. While the features mostly work, as I tested each action listed in the “features” many things are in fact broken. I have outlined as best I could in a Github issue for Frappe here: [GCalendar Integration] Critical Bugs, Error Creation. · Issue #7002 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

But the main issue is how even if you do everything right, an unbelievable amount of errors with no context are generated and I’m not sure what is to blame. Not sure if it is the Data Migration setup or specific to GCalendar and specific to Frappe Calendar. Please review the bugs on your end and see what you think.

1. The issue which is specific to the documentation is that you have to enable the Google Calendar API in Google Cloud project in order for it to function. While this may be a given, it is by no means obvious to anyone who hasn’t dealt with these things. And there is no instruction or error handling setup to specify this.

2. I did extensive testing on this feature and found it to be full of bugs and not ready for production. I have outlined a series of about 10-13 bugs that are reproducible and not fringe cases.

I can’t recommend anyone use the gCalendar integration right now. And I had to turn it off for the time being.

Its fantastic work you have done, hoping I can help test it and get support for bug fixes from the creators to make sure its ready for prime time. Let me know what else I can do to help.

@chdecultot [GCalendar Integration] Critical Bugs, Error Creation. · Issue #7002 · frappe/frappe · GitHub Did a huge amount of testing on this and this thing is unstable to a critical fault. I posted a host of issues and can’t recommend anyone try to use this feature. It easily breaks a system’s ability to handle calendar events and errors in general.

I posted this to frappe Github. This is a critical bug to a standard feature. It’s crazy to me how no one responds when a feature has a P1 issue.

Some would say - “well fix it!” I’m not a developer, and you can’t fault users for finding and reporting issues. The people that should care enough to fix issues are the ones is making money and growing their business by getting and keeping customers through promised features working properly. Broken stuff that stays broken will be our downfall.

After upgrading to Ver 12 the following error pops up after returning to the site from the Google Authorization pages as we attempted to integrate GCAL with ERPNEXT:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 57, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 21, in handle
    data = execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 45, in execute_cmd
    raise e
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 42, in execute_cmd
    method = get_attr(cmd)
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 186, in get_attr
    method = frappe.get_attr(cmd)
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1027, in get_attr
    return getattr(get_module(modulename), methodname)
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 808, in get_module
    return importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "/opt/bench/erpnext/env/lib/python3.6/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "", line 994, in _gcd_import
  File "", line 971, in _find_and_load
  File "", line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'frappe.integrations.doctype.gcalendar_settings.gcalendar_settings'

We note that after returning to the site from google authentication the return url is wrong.

What it should be: https://{sitename}?cmd=frappe.integrations.doctype.google_calendar.google_calendar.google_callback

What it is: https://{sitename}?cmd=frappe.integrations.doctype.gcalendar_settings.gcalendar_settings.google_callback

The issue is that the local git rep is not sync’d with the github rep.

To refresh our local copy we did -

git fetch upstream
git reset --hard upstream/version-12
git clean -f -d

Followed by:

bench disable-scheduler
bench enable-scheduler
bench clear-cache
bench clear-website-cache
bench migrate
bench update --reset

Resulting in normal operation.

I had an GCalender error when installing new app and this solves my problem:

After that install-app command worked as expected. My problem was:

ImportError: Module import failed for GCalendar Settings (frappe.integrations.doctype.gcalendar_settings.gcalendar_settings Error: No module named ‘frappe.integrations.doctype.gcalendar_settings.gcalendar_settings’)