Google Calendar Integration Application

Hi everyone,

I started the development of a connector between Frappe and Google Calendar using the data migration tool introduced a while ago by the Frappe Team (awesome work guys!)

The idea is obviously to add it in Frappe as soon as possible, but given the difficulty of such an integration I propose to stabilize the feature in a custom app first and as soon as it is stable I will be happy to submit a PR.

Here is the repo for those who are interested in testing and providing feedback for this integration:
https://github.com/DOKOS-IO/gcalendar

You can already install it and have your events sync’d with Google Calendar.

I have started to list the missing features and things still to do, but any external feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

11 Likes

great work - Thanks

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/bench", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('frappe-bench==4.1.2', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()
  File "/Users/kashifbashir/bench-repo/bench/cli.py", line 40, in cli
    bench_command()
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/kashifbashir/bench-repo/bench/commands/make.py", line 38, in get_app
    get_app(git_url, branch=branch)
  File "/Users/kashifbashir/bench-repo/bench/app.py", line 99, in get_app
    with open(app_path, 'rb') as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'./apps/setup.py'

Hi @Max_Fun,

Sorry there was an error in the Readme file.

The command to install the app is: bench get-app gcalendar https://github.com/DOKOS-IO/gcalendar

Thank you @chdecultot for putting this together! This was a gap in functionality that I was planning to work on. I’m looking forward to testing it out.

Hello @chdecultot

I have installed this and I cannot seem to understand what it is supposed to do.

What is it supposed to do and how?

Regards

Hi @olamide_shodunke,

In order to make it work, you have to generate credentials and configure an application on Google Cloud Platform.
You have more details in the “Readme” part of the application.

Once this is done, the application will allow your users to synchronize their ERPNext events with a new calendar in Google Calendar.
They just need to create a new google calendar account in ERPNext and they should see the new calendar in Google Calendar after a few second (max 3 min.)

If any thing is not working properly, please let me know since this is only a very early version.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Thanks @chdecultot

am good thatnks

{‘retry’: 0, ‘log’: <function log at 0x7f5f130b1668>, ‘site’: u’tradelink’, ‘event’: None, ‘method_name’: u’frappe.utils.background_jobs.run_doc_method’, ‘method’: <function run_doc_method at 0x7f5f13eba320>, ‘user’: u’Administrator’, ‘kwargs’: {‘doc_method’: u’run_current_mapping’, ‘name’: u’cd22082f67’, ‘doctype’: u’Data Migration Run’}, ‘async’: True, ‘job_name’: u’frappe.utils.background_jobs.run_doc_method’}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/kash/tradelink/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 97, in execute_job
method(**kwargs)
File “/home/kash/tradelink/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 76, in run_doc_method
getattr(frappe.get_doc(doctype, name), doc_method)(**kwargs)
File “/home/kash/tradelink/apps/frappe/frappe/data_migration/doctype/data_migration_run/data_migration_run.py”, line 75, in run_current_mapping
raise e
ValueError: astimezone() cannot be applied to a naive datetime

@chdecultot
this is great but link is not working can you post again?

Google Calendar Integration is now available out of the box in erpnext.

1 Like