Is BOM for the sub-assembly item Submitted?
In the finished Item’s BOM, what is the value selected in the field “Rate Of Materials Based On”?
All of our BOM’s are set to Valuation rate, as we want it to grab the latest purchase prices of received items.
Here are some screenshots (all in one image, as I’m only allowed one image per post):
- So, I’ve got a sub-assembly called LBOTMARG1KG, with Valuation Rate = 0 (this is my issue):
- This is the sub-assembly’s BOM, with two items in it. Item 1KGCR243 now has a valuation of 0:
- When I click on Update Cost, it updates all this BOM’s materials’ valuation rates correctly:
- This BOM now has a new total cost:
- BUT, and this is where my issue comes in, the sub-assembly item (with new BOM cost as seen in 4.) still has a valuation rate of 0:
Does this make sense? Or am I missing something completely? Sure I can copy the total cost from the BOM manually to the sub-assembly’s valuation rate, but it seems then that with any BOM cost updates, the valuation rate won’t change?
Thanks in advance for spending your time on this