Generating Credit Notes

How can I generate a credit note for customer? I know we can do a journal entry in the JV module. But here we need to generate the credit note document and send it to customer. For example, we have a sales campaign and we will send credit note to the customers if they hit certain figures and they can use the credit note to offset future purchase.

1 Like

Please refer following link.
https://erpnext.com/user-guide/stock/sales-return

Geetanjali Shitole
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

It is not a sales return. It is a credit we are giving to customer for promotions or campaign. It doesn’t link to any of the transactions.

Hi @gohyc

I think what you are referring to is something as “Turn Over Discount”, so that if a customer does a total sales of 500,000 then you would be giving a Credit note based on some %age like 4% which is like 20,000.

We if that is the case then currently there is no feature to do that in the current scenario. But its a feature that would be great if it could be automated.

We generally do this thing manually by calculating the TOD and then give raise a manual Credit Note from JV.

We do not need a automated function now. The credit for the promotion or campaign is the the example we might use the credit note for. I know we can raise a credit note in JV but we have an issue. It is not a document that we can send to the customer. We need a credit note document that can be sent to customer, just like an invoice.

Could you explain what kind of format are you looking for since there is a print feature in the JV which can always be sent to the customers.

Maybe you would be clearer if you could share what exactly you are wanting to send to your customers.

I have the same question. I guess the easiest way is to hide the fields you don’t want to see on the printed doc and create a new letterhead “Credit Note” and select it when you select credit note type of JV

But if someone has a better way or created something (app/module?) to issue credit and debit note do not hesitate to share :blush:

We need to send a printout to customer showing there is a credit to their account. If it is just the fields to be hidden, it will be easy for us. However, the JV items always has double entries. One debit and one credit. We can’t show both items in the print out to customer. I guess there is no way to just show one of the item and hide the other item.

If someone has the app/module to create credit/debit note, it will be fantastic. How easy is it for the main developers to create that module? I think it is an important module for ERP.

I just saw there is a Print Format for Credit Notes. You can select it before printing (top left corner when you preview). It doesn’t show the double entries etc. And you can customize it if some info are missing.

Yes. The credit note print format solve our problem temporarily!