Gender cannot be "Männlich". It should be one of "", "Male", "Female", "Other"

We use German as system language.
We want to make gender as “Männlich” but it’s not possible to save because of error
Gender cannot be "Männlich". It should be one of "", "Male", "Female", "Other"

@NMyshuk,

I tried to save the user with Männlich and I was able to save the user without any issue can you share some screenshots for the issue ?

Sorry, I’ve tried it in Employee document. I’m creating screenshots

I’ve tried it in Employee document if Employee has user-id.
Here is screenshot

The error you’ve shared indicates that Gender is a Select field. The error should be resolved once you upgrade to the latest version of ERPNext, where Gender is a Link field.

1 Like

but I used the last version.
and as I can see frappe/user.json at develop · frappe/frappe · GitHub it still Select

My mistake. Apparently I did not replicate the problem correctly at the time. I received the exact same message that you did.

Same here…

It is possible to save the new employee, but only without the “user ID” link.
If i set the user id, the message appears and it in not possible to save the changes.

System Language : German

Geschlecht kann nicht “Männlich” sein . Es sollte aus “”, “Männlich”, “Weiblich”, “Sonstige(s)” sein.
or: Geschlecht kann nicht “Weiblich” sein . Es sollte aus “”, “Männlich”, “Weiblich”, “Sonstige(s)” sein.
or: Geschlecht kann nicht “Sonstige(s)” sein . Es sollte aus “”, “Männlich”, “Weiblich”, “Sonstige(s)” sein.

Installed Apps
ERPNext: v8.8.1 (master)
Frappe Framework: v8.7.3 (master)

Try to remove the user ID and save… Same problem I reported for Portuguese

But if my employee has user id?

If you are using a local VM then create again the Db but choose English as default for the system to create and when creating the user you can select the user and gender and later select the language as German.

If not a local VM advise you to recreate as English

same here

Hi, it’s fixed Gender in User document should have fieldtype as Link · Issue #4014 · frappe/frappe · GitHub