Frappe.prompt before login

Hey,
I am stuck on customizing the login page. Its quite confusing to modify the code in login.py, .html and .js . Is it possible to add js and html to the login page using the website module?

Also, why doesn’t some frappe calls work before the user is logged in ? I tried to add code for prompt in login.js file (frappe.prompt) but the page gets stuck. frappe.msgprint works fine . Can anything be done about this ? i need the prompt before it successfully logs in.

Thanks,
Akarsh

make a new login page.

calls like frappe.db and frappe.get_doc are not permitted !!! . I need to access db (store and retrieve) by running a python code in whitelisted function before logining in . Any idea how can i do that ?

@Akarsh_Hegde, @frappe.whitelist(allow_guest=True) :warning: :bomb:

hey @max_morais_dmm , i have used that.I get “Not Permitted” when it executes frappe.db.mysql or frappe.get_doc. Not sure why :frowning:

@Akarsh_Hegde, do you refreshed the services?

Do u mean reloading (clear-cache) ? yes I have done that!
I was able to insert and retrieve from db somehow. But i face a new problem . I am trying to stop the login process from continuing using a function call based on value from the db.

frappe.throw(_("OTP Does Not Match"), frappe.AuthenticationError)

Although this does throw the Exception, It doesn’t actually stop the process from continuing and the user still gets logged in . Any ideas which call can i make that interrupts the process ?

@Akarsh_Hegde, I mean stopping and starting bench start or running bench restart

@max_morais_dmm , Yes i have done that as well. I think its working now .

Any idea what i can do for this ?

frappe.throw(_("OTP Does Not Match"), frappe.AuthenticationError)

Although this does throw the Exception, It doesn't actually stop the 
process from continuing and the user still gets logged in . Any ideas 
which call can i make that stops the login process ?

Edit : Even system calls like sys.exit() and raise SystemExit don’t seem to work :open_mouth: