Frappe Install - init Bench Failed!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support.

I tried a fresh installation over ubuntu 16.04
I followed ERPnext Easy Install guide.

Install script completed successfully.
what next i should do access my ERPnext in browser, excited to explore it :slight_smile:

Should i run below command to proceed
For production:

sudo python install.py --production

And do i also have to do some more installation
as its written

How do I start ERPNext

** For development: Go to your bench folder (frappe-bench by default) and start the bench with bench start**
** For production: Your process will be setup and managed by nginx and supervisor. Setup Production**

Do i have to do more scripts to setup production enviornment,

You don’t need to activate production mode in your dev setup but you do need to activate developer setup. One way is to issue:
python install.py --develop --user frappe
At the end of the setup you should created the two following folder paths
home/frappe/bench-repo
The home of bench.
And
home/frappe/frappe-bench
This is where you will run all your erpnext commands
bench --help
Create a new site as per instructions. Then run bench start
If you have completed all of the instructions you should be able to open your browser at: localhost://8000 and be presented with the ERPNext start screen. Some install methods use localhost://8080 instead.

If easy install method doesn’t work I recommend this Vagrant box easy install script on github created by DigiThinkIT

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I want to use this machine as my production server. As i want to check ERP’s stability and functionality before making my move.

So, i believe, i dont have to follow steps for development. ( i may create another machine later for development, if required).

In order to use production server.
i perform the following
using terminal
i execute following command
fawwad@ERPnext:~/frappe-bench$ bench start

it starts the procedure on terminal , i waited for a while and later i heads to my browser as

localhost:8000

Luckily, i got ERPnext screen to login
i entered as
login: administrator
pass: *******

It ask me to create first user and enter other relevant details
Later i choose Education as domain.
Enter bank and Financial calender details.

It starts processing some setup files and then i got this message ! :frowning:

I found that by clicking the button “view chart of accounts” and then just closing the accounts pop up window during setup wizard resolved setup wizard failing.
Just start setup wizard again.
Administrator is like a super user. The first user is just an admin and lacks a few roles. I would just create a user with your name and email address.
ERPNext stability is fine. Just have enough RAM and CPU for your amount of users. You can save some server overhead by installing on a headless Ubuntu install.

1 Like

thanks Dear!

it seems, i am in now. Let me test ERPnext Education module.

Thanks alot to all of you to assist me in doing the installation!

Anytime, i have to use my ERPnext Production server. I just have to make sure, i should have bench running ? this is the only thing, i have to do. correct me, if i am wrong.