[Release Notes] Frappe & ERPNext Version 13.0.0 Beta.1 Released!

did you miss last command?

docker run -it -e "SITE_NAME=v13beta.localhost" -e "INSTALL_APPS=erpnext" -v frappebench00_sites-vol:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites --network frappebench00_default frappe/erpnext-worker:v13-beta new

I skipped the last command and I saw the “don’t panic” page.

Then I ran the command and saw output with progress bar that creates new site and installs erpnext.

❯ docker run -it -e "SITE_NAME=v13beta.localhost" -e "INSTALL_APPS=erpnext" -v frappebench00_sites-vol:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites --network frappebench00_default frappe/erpnext-worker:v13-beta new
Created user _0e393b398cde8a24
Created database _0e393b398cde8a24
Granted privileges to user _0e393b398cde8a24 and database _0e393b398cde8a24
Starting database import...
Imported from database /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/mariadb/framework_mariadb.sql

Installing frappe...
Updating DocTypes for frappe        : [========================================]
Updating country info               : [========================================]

Installing erpnext...
Updating DocTypes for erpnext       : [========================================]
Updating customizations for Address
Updating customizations for Contact
*** Scheduler is disabled ***

Then I was able to view app on url http://v13beta.localhost

https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/tests/docker-test.sh#L69 this test pings new created site for success response. It’s not failing. I am able to create and access site, Test is able to create and ping the site.

I use gnu/linux. Not any time soon I’m going to get access to windows machine. It is just a guess work for me.

Nope i didn’t miss the command. I ran it. But just to be sure i tried to run it again and it says site already exists.

Sorry, I can’t help you. I’m just FOSS enthusiast maintaining frappe_docker repo. I just get thrill and fun out of it. Nothing else.

Please don’t take ERPNext Version Released post off-topic. You can post here Issues · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

Note: Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence again the job passed without errors.

1 Like

I tested on mac. It works perfectly. I just followed the instruction line by line on terminal.

Thank you so much @revant_one for your contribution and effort.

Others who are trying to get erpnext on a mac using docker please make sure that docker and docker-compose is installed and follow the instruction on terminal

Please note Docker Desktop for Mac already include Compose

Version 13 is amazing. Great work frappe and erpnext team. Lots of major features are updated exploring one by one.

3 Likes

Not disputing your contribution or anyone else’s for that matter. Your effort is appreciated by all. My attempt to install frappe_docker in windows has obviously shown you it needs to be optimized for windows as well so i don’t think overall it’s a worthless attempt.

Withdrawn all posts about docker.

Trying to install the beta is however not off-topic as everyone was encouraged to install and test. But like i said, for non-developers like me, we’re better off staying away from these conversations even though our unique perspectives and user experience is vital for the overall development of software and applications as we constitute over 90% of the user base.

1 Like

Hey guys. This is awesome. Been expecting something of this magnitude and it seems you’ve beaten expectations. The social media posting is interesting. Is there any plan to do Facebook and/or Insta in future?

I don’t see the mention of the immutable ledger. I thought it was being introduced in v13.

We need a pinned post to explain users the difference between open source software codes and support. I am sure we all get messages asking for support and then when they get ignored they blame it on the software for not getting enough support.
A post that explains them that support is not Free like the source code is badly needed. Yesterday I gave back to a guy on twitter so I think it is better to have an official post with detailed explanation about foss source code and asking for help as free support.

Sorry for going off topic :wink:

6 Likes

Hi. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. Please see attached screenshot. Could you help, please?

Please add issue, I’ll check Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

docker knowlege is required. Only copy paste will not help when things don’t work.

Still no better way of business expense entry?

We have Added a new doctype called gl payment.
Which acts like
Outgoing payment and incoming payment used it SAP.

I think ERPnext team should add this to the core.

Does version 13 include Customer Statements that can be sent via email monthly?

can you provide more details or repository?

Thanks.

can you provide more details or repository?

Thanks.

Hi,
Is there any Option to apply finance charge for due invoices?
I want that when payment due date of any invoice expired then finance charge automatically applied. we set Finance charge when create invoice.
For example: I have create invoice on 25-09-2015 and payment due date is 30-09-2015 and set Finance charge (added custom field) 5%, so I want that after 30-09-2015 Total amount is automatically set Grand Total + (5% of grand Total).

Hi

im wondering when is the stable version will be released

thanks

1 Like

Hi! How do I install version 13 beta?
Is it
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py
sudo python3 install.py --develop … which option?

According to Ooops, a server error has occured - #4 by ferohers, and the issues above:

Go to this folder /home/your-user-name/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/change_log

Enter folder called v13

Find the file v13_0_0_beta_1.md and rename to v13_0_0-beta_1.md (mv v13_0_0_beta_1.md v13_0_0-beta_1.md)

Sorry for the late reply. I didn’t get any notification for this post.
This is the PR from our git.

Let me know if you need any further information.

I think the core team needs to add this as currently there is no way to get tax information from anything other than invoices.