Frappe Docker, could not find app "custom"

I’m trying to install a custom app along with erpnext using Frappe Docker but this is what I get from the Site Creator logs:

Installing frappe...
Updating DocTypes for frappe        : [========================================] 100%
Updating country info               : [========================================] 100%

Installing erpnext...
Updating DocTypes for erpnext       : [========================================] 100%
Updating customizations for Address
Updating customizations for Contact
Could not find app "custom"

I followed the guide for installing custom apps in production.

How can I resolve this?

Make sure sites/apps.txt has the line for custom app
frappe_docker/site-operations.md at main · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

To build images with custom app refer GitHub - castlecraft/custom_frappe_docker

1 Like

Found this line in the guide for adding custom apps:

RUN echo -n "\n[custom]" >> /var/www/html/apps.txt

Doesn’t it add the custom app to apps.txt?

No it doesn’t.

It creates the apps.txt file in docker-entrypoint.sh of erpnext-python container.

It reads all the apps that exists in “apps” directory and appends it to sites/apps.txt

“sites” is mounted volume. That means once the apps.txt is created it won’t be overwritten again even after you add multiple apps. Either remove the apps.txt and restart the erpnext-python container (that will recreate the file with all apps from “apps” dir) Or edit the file manually.

The line you mentioned is part of erpnext-nginx container, it is used in the build layer container, it is needed there to build assets for each app (I think)

1 Like

Ok, thanks. If I may ask, when should I append the app name into apps.txt? Using the guide on frappe_docker repo?

RUN echo -n "\n[custom]" >> /var/www/html/apps.txt

did you copy paste this?

Did you change “[custom]” to name of your app?

These are example images made from 5 community apps, it has POSAwesome which does all the magic with Vue built static assets. It acts as example to showcase how JS building apps can be packaged. It works. If you fork it and make relevant changes there you’ll have better success.

1 Like

Yes I changed it to my app’s name. That and the [app] occurances in docker-compose-custom.yml

Tried the custom docker frappe from the castle craft repo, and when running docker compose up, after building, i get the following error:

Pulling custom-erpnext-nginx (custom-erpnext-nginx:latest)...
ERROR: The image for the service you're trying to recreate has been removed. If you continue, volume data could be lost. Consider backing up your data before continuing.

Continue with the new image? [yN]
ERROR: pull access denied for custom-erpnext-nginx, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

What is the name of custom image that you created?

It is trying to pull this image, which doesn’t exist.

1 Like

I found out the problem, had used custom-erpnext-nginx:v13.

But then another problem popped up. I’ve got fixtures in my custom up, and among them is Website Theme. Now, during deployment when Frappe tries to unpack these fixtures, I get an error: Cannot find module ‘node-sass’

Hii redgren ,

I am try to setup custom app using docker same like , can you please share steps and cmd for me

for custom app in production check frappe_docker/README.md at main · frappe/frappe_docker · GitHub

example repo that is based on the above readme GitHub - castlecraft/custom_frappe_docker