Foundation Wiki

Using Riot as the only mean for IM and audio/video calls for more than half year already, everything works great. The only problematic aspect is E2E encryption, which is currently in beta status and you might face some hiccups with it, but there are workarounds.
@revant_one, we don’t have to setup our own Matrix server, we can just use matrix.org’s infrastructure.

You can use disroot.org or india based diasp.in for matrix server both are floss respecting people.

Matrix can be accessed via terminal, android, desktop it can bridge to telegram too.

3 Likes

@raghukamath @strixaluco
My suggestion is we can setup gitter room for each module, as we already has gitter working https://gitter.im/frappe/erpnext here
Also its easy to join.

For call we can also use Jitsi Meet (suggestion by @hereabdulla )

As riot can access gitter, we group member can try riot anytime when they want to do call or they can try other tools for group call.

2 Likes

@raghukamath, nice options. And Gitter bridge as well, as has been already mentioned here.
@kolate_sambhaji, no problem, it was just a suggestion. I thought that being FLOSS, Matrix suits Foundation better than Slack.
Jitsi is a great tool too. By the way, Riot is using Jitsi for videoconferencing.

2 Likes

@strixaluco I am not going to use slack, as now I have better option now.
My plan is to use gitter for communication and let module leader decide which tool to use for call and meeting.
As for Marketing and CRM I will suggest them Riot and Jitsi anytime as I am volunteering in it.
As some of member are volunteering in more than one module, so one gitter will help them to collaborate in different team.

Meanwhile we can check Riot, as its integrated with gitter.

Should we both take lead to organise all module leaders in gitter?

@revant_one your approval and suggestion?

Sure! Tell me if you need any help.

I’m not active on gitter. Keep me notified I’ll login to whenever necessary.

1 Like

@revant_one Thanks, I will setup room for each module and will make discuss post.

1 Like

Please continue discussion here, or on relevant topic or create new topic