Food for Dogs

Fresh (frozen) food for dogs is Dogs Love It business. That’s why I was amused to read about “dogfooding” in the ERPNEXT users manual.

I just had a look at the www.erpnext.com site, and no clue how they did all this.
I hope the details will be in the manual one day, however in the meantime i suggest that a “non-editable” copy of the website is made, with public access, so Erpnext users can find inspiration how to make more complex websites, and learning from the “masters”

rgds robert

Robert,

Sure will make a write-up on that and add it to the manual. It is important to know a bit of HTML and CSS (for styling elements like headings etc) to make a good site and a bit of javascript to make it dynamic.

The key parts of the erpnext.com are:

1. The style: http://erpnext.com/css/wn-web.css (this is set from Style Settings)

2. The forms (you can right click and view-source or see the wiki - which you have already done)

3. The footer is generated via javascript code written in “Startup Code” (http://erpnext.com/js/wn-web.js) in the Website Settings and added via a javascript “event” called on page load - I know there has to be a more elegant way to do this.

The rest is mostly standard stuff from the module.

Will try to make all of this simpler in our upcoming cleanup. If we make all of these features “standard” then there will be less flexibility - for example we can make twitter / google plus buttons generate from a simple setting in the Website Settings page but they will appear at a pre-defined position etc.

best,
Rushabh

On 24-Jul-2012, at 3:40 PM, robert wrote:

Fresh (frozen) food for dogs is Dogs Love It business. That’s why I was amused to read about “dogfooding” in the ERPNEXT users manual.

I just had a look at the www.erpnext.com site, and no clue how they did all this.
I hope the details will be in the manual one day, however in the meantime i suggest that a “non-editable” copy of the website is made, with public access, so Erpnext users can find inspiration how to make more complex websites, and learning from the “masters”

rgds robert