Flexible Print Template

Hi all,

I am new to ERPNext and it looks pretty good. I have searched the forum but didn’t find a hint or solution for my problem so I hope you could help me.

I like to create a very flexible quotation/order print template. Finally I like to print/create something like:

[Header] More or less like it is in the standard template with address informatione, order number and so on

[Custom Text] In best case I could add some predefined text modules

/* requirement block as much needed /
[Requirement definition] Custom text to describe deliverables, non-deliverables and so on
[List of Articles]
/
end requirement block */

[Custom Text] In best case I could add some predefined text modules

[Footer] More or less like it is in the standard template

My main problem ist the requirement block which I like to add multiple times and I have no idea where to start. In advanced many thanks for your help.

Dennis

Welcome!

The drag-and-drop builder has some limitations, but if you create a new print format with custom jinja formatting, the sky is the limit. You can create anything definable with procedurally generated HTML.

https://frappeframework.com/docs/user/en/desk/printing

1 Like

Here’s a nice post about Print Formats by @Nikunj_Patel

2 Likes

Thanks for the tipps.

I think I described my problem not clearly and perhaps it is not the correct place - sorry for that. I try it again. My goal is that the user is able to create very easy a Quotation but we have some requirements. We need a way that the user could add the following block as much as he need it:

header - short text to give the block a name
description - some individual text eg. Text Editor
item list - the standard item list is fine from the look and feel
sum - the sum of this block

This block of header, description, item list and sum - our users need to add as much as they need. Currently I have no idea how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for each hint

I think you need to start by adding the according custom fields to the quotation.
Customize Form (erpnext.com)
Custom Field (erpnext.com)
Field Types (erpnext.com)

If the quotation has the according fields, they can be used in the print template.
Print Format (erpnext.com)