Fixed Asset Depreciation - Revisited

Hi All,

For the past few days i had been getting Messages regarding the status of Integration of Fixed Asset Depreciation Module. Therefore I thought of giving yet another go at this module, and finally somehow managed to get this thing WRAPPED up in an Independent Application.

It is available for testing at GitHub - akshay83/fa_depreciation

The major function of this application is to generate a Depreciation Report that can be used along with the Balance Sheet.

It has been almost a year since I submitted the pull request. The basic functions of the application are still the same as they were. To get an Idea of what this application does see Fixed Asset Depreciation - #3 by mehta_akshay. There might be a little change and I have tried to describe most of the fields in there respective document(s).

I am not a seasoned developer and I would like to reiterate that this was done specifically for meeting my organizations requirements in a Home build Software made in Java. (I did not research to a very vast extent in making this application/module). And as I have always said earlier that this was a conversion from JAVA to ERPNext.

Again I think this application is still very RAW (Needs more of Validations, Clean-up, Aesthetics etc) and would Request the community to share the feedback (most importantly is it useful to the community?) and if possible take this application forward.

Thanks
Akshay

2 Likes

hope the team will find time polish this improvement and add it to the standard (cloud) deployment

Would love if this module is tested and made part of Erpnext

@mehta_akshay thanks, you are a :star:

We will work on this soon.

Hows the work on this going on