Find & Migrate Customized Fields

Hello,

There is a request to migrate all customized fields from a ‘Current PROD’ instance to ‘New PROD’ instance. So, I do appreciate your feedback on the following;

How to find and allocate all customizations developed at ‘Current PROD’ including
1.1 Fields
1.2 Reports
1.3 Document Types
1.4 Changes on Document Type Code [added validations…etc.]

Is there a tool or standard functionality to migrate these customizations (ALL / PARTIAL)

Regards,
Magdy

@mikladious You have to do all of these in a custom app then install it in ‘New PROD’ instance

@Mohammed_Redha
Thanks for your reply. I have some questions to assure I am understanding the provided solution.

do you suggest to create a custom app and link it to ERPNext standard document types?

currently I am doing customization direct to document types through menu > customize
is this wrong practice?

what i need is how to find a list of customized fields that I have added to document types.

Thanks

do you suggest to create a custom app and link it to ERPNext standard document types?

yes

currently I am doing customization direct to document types through menu > customize
is this wrong practice?

This is correct and you have to export it to the custom app

what i need is how to find a list of customized fields that I have added to document types.

After exporting it will include all standard and custom fields, don’t worry

1 Like

I can not see the button of “export customization” as mentioned at screenshot.

You have to be system manager and your site in developer mode

You can also export fixtures and include in your custom app. Please see this documentation.

Thanks!

1 Like

Can developer mode be enabled on an erpnext.com-hosted instance?

@Muhammad_Haggag No, It is only in your instance

Recapping to make sure I understand correctly: That means one cannot migrate custom fields added on erpnext.com to his own instance easily. One has to repeat the same customization and migrate the data by hand. Is that correct? It seems like a major oversight.

In what way for eg when one considers the effort involved?

"
The Case of ERP Customization
Customization is a privilege, which means it comes at a cost. Are you really ready for it?
"

This may clarify any misunderstanding Frappe Cloud