File Upload Disconnected. Please try again

~/apps/erpnext/htdocs/frappe-bench/sites/assets/js$ vi desk.min.js
Step1: chunk_size = _ref$chunk_size === undefined ? 24576 : _ref$chunk_size, Line no:2078
Increase as you required like
chunk_size = _ref$chunk_size === undefined ? 2457600 : _ref$chunk_size,
Step2:- var file_not_big_enough = fileobj.size <= 24576; Line no: 8993
Increase as you required Like
var file_not_big_enough = fileobj.size <= 2457600;

1 Like

I had the same problem and based on the feedback on this thread. The issue manifests itself with large size attachments. I tried to change the chunk_size as well as the file_not_big_enough, but as soon as I restart the bench, the file desk.min.js gets repopulated with the original file and thus the increase in file size does not show or work.

I decided to run a bench switch-to-master , it is the latest installation. after that bench asked me to run --upgrade and that failed: Now if try to do bench-start, I’m getting this and the system is in a crashed state:

Updating node packages...
INFO:bench.utils:npm install
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.0.0 (node_modules/chokidar/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.1.3: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN frappe@ No description
Backing up sites...
Patching sites...
Migrating site1.local
Updating DocTypes for frappe        : [                                        ]Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 94, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 18, in main
    click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name='bench')
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)

We have the same problem here. We used GitHub - frappe/frappe_docker: Docker images for production and development setups of the Frappe framework and ERPNext and IPv6 address ip like http://[::1]:8000/ and we were able to upload files. If we use IPv4 address ip it does not work. Someone found the reason of this problem? It really cause headache.

@johnskywalker @rmehta

slice = _this.file.slice(place, place + Math.min(_this.chunk_size, _this.file.size - place));
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot ready property ‘slice’ of null

I am also getting the ‘file upload disconnected’ error using either localhost or 127.0.0.1 for larger files. If I dramatically increase the chunk size in socketio.js then larger files work but I still get the ‘file upload disconnected’ error so perhaps the error is unrelated to the upload failure?

1 Like

I have this problem too.

I was able to solve this problem by just log out and login again :slight_smile:

File Upload Disconnected. Please try again. me to same problem can anyone suggest me

same problem for me can i know solution

This worked for me in a new install of v12 - specifically adding the sitename (ex site1.local) in /etc/hosts on the ERPNext server and calling that sitename from the browser (ie http://site1.local:8000)

here’s what the entry in hosts looks like on the server
127.0.0.1 site1.local

here’s what the hosts file entry looks like on the client (browser side)
192.168.0.223 site1.local

In my case, I had to chmod 777 to /public/files folder.

I fixed my issue ussing a server name.

mysite.local.

it doesn’t work with localhost:8000 or 127.0.0.1:8000

2 Likes

Same exact issue. This is unusable.

ERPNext: v11.1.18 (master)

Frappe Framework: v11.1.18 (master)

Hello - how did you get the name to resolve without opening to internet

thanks

You may edit your hosts file,

On mac or linux you can open with the following command:

sudo vim /etc/hosts

(If you don’t have vim you may open with another text editor)

An add an line like:

127.0.0.1 mysite.local 

So you can open http://mysite.local:8000

Just interested to know that it does not have any side effects after modifications
Will it work for all bench instances?

Thank you.