File Upload Disconnected. Please try again

Yes, i try to install to master with production setup, it works.
But using develop it didn’t work, even i try in 3 different server and OS, it still didn’t work.

Same problem is observed by me.

I manually checked the changes done by [minor] fallback to file upload #4151 and found all correction are available. I also checked the procfile and found all correct entries but in development mode it doesn’t work.

My procfile is as follows:

redis_cache: redis-server config/redis_cache.conf
redis_socketio: redis-server config/redis_socketio.conf
redis_queue: redis-server config/redis_queue.conf
web: bench serve --port 8001

socketio: /usr/bin/node apps/frappe/socketio.js
watch: bench watch
schedule: bench schedule
worker_short: bench worker --queue short
worker_long: bench worker --queue long
worker_default: bench worker --queue default

=================

I am using Frappe version 9.0.0 and Erpnext version 9.0.0. and Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.

Please suggest if there is a solution as I need to load some test data using Import Export Tool.

Pushed a fix [fix] revert to fallback if socketio does not start the first time by rmehta · Pull Request #4198 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

Please wait for it to be merged.

Has this been merged?

I’m still experiencing the same problem:

Is there a work-around?

Regards,
Chude

I am also facing similar issues with
$ bench version
erpnext 9.0.6
frappe 9.0.8

Same problem :frowning:
I was working on

After reading some post I tried to switch to master using:
bench switch-to-master
but it asked me to execute:
bench switch-to-master --upgrade
and then:
bench update --patch

Now the version is:

but the problem is the same:

File Upload Disconnected. Please try again.

No error in the Javascript Console, neither on bench output.

I am also facing the same issue. Here is a screenshot from websocket in javascript console:

I drilled down this issue by putting a console.log at frappe/socketio.js and found that the uploader is looking for /sites/<domain_name>/private/filename. In my case the error log showed:

11:02:23 socketio.1 | { Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘sites/localhost/private/files/BR031017.txt’
11:02:23 socketio.1 | errno: -2,
11:02:23 socketio.1 | code: ‘ENOENT’,
11:02:23 socketio.1 | syscall: ‘open’,
11:02:23 socketio.1 | path: ‘sites/localhost/private/files/BR031017.txt’ }

Here, my site name is not “localhost”, I was able to bypass this error by putting my site name is my system hosts file and map it to 127.0.0.1. Then when I opened my site using <my_site_name>:8000 and did file upload, it worked fine.

3 Likes

This can also be recreated on the demo site in Upload Attendance section, by uploading attendance template there.

I have the same problem.Even in switching from develop to master.
And report it as an issue.

Attendance issue will be fixed. @saurabh6790

i m still having the file upload discconected problem on this versions :

my erpext version is v9.2.4(master)
my frappe version is v9.2.6(master)

with the administrator account i am able to upload files even with the error message but with the other accounts is impossible

1 Like

rmehta ERPNext FoundationSep 27
Pushed a fix https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/419820
Please wait for it to be merged.

it already merged but the problem still exists, im suffering this problem i had this versions:

erpnext 9.2.7
frappe 9.2.9

Thank you everyone…

In which place does this sill come? Can you share your JS console too?

I can confirm this problem is still the happening in current stable and development versions. In my case, I was accessing via a local IP (not 127.0.0.1) and observed similar problems as mentioned by @vkcr. I found the solution required 2 steps:

1. Access the site only by hostname which matches your site name <yoursite>.
  2. Ensure both the erp user and nginx user (if active) have write access to sites/<yoursite>/private/files/
1 Like

Same here still happens after updating to latest version, any chance related with socketio fallback not running?

erpnext 9.2.13
frappe 9.2.14

thanks

edit: solved using chmod on uploads folder refer here GitHub - bitnami/vms: Bitnami Application Catalog VMs

Same issue here, and chmod doesn’t solve this issue as it’s related to socketio.

erpnext 9.2.13
frappe 9.2.14

Yes, i have seen your video there is noting wrong or error in the Javascript.

Hi all,

any news on this? The error still appears after a successful file upload in Frappe Framework: v9.2.20 (master).

(Maybe) interesting observation: on the same system, we observe the error when using the ERPNext in Firefox (v57) private mode but not in normal mode. When the error occurred, a refresh (F5) of the page with a subsequent file upload also did not reproduce the issue. All cases uploaded the file.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m facing this exact problem, any updates on the problem?

1 Like