Field permission level assign by role not by level

Hi! is it possible to assign the permission level of the field by role not by level.
For ex:-

1. The name and address can only be inputted by the role of sales but they cannot input the credit limit fields.
  2. The credit limit and accounts can only be inputted by the account manager role but they cannot input the customer details.
    I understand that if i assign the perm level it can only be eithe one can edit but is it possible to create the permission by role instead by the perm level
    is there any way to achieve this?
    thank you…

This is still achievable by perm level. You will have to set different levels for both the fields. For example, Name and Address fields have perm level 1, and credit limit fields have perm level 2. Then set the permissions in role permissions manager accordingly.

Note: Perm Levels (1, 2, 3 or 2, 1, 3 or 3,2,1) do not need to be in any particular order. They do not imply hierarchy. Perm Level is primarily used for grouping a number of fields together, and then assigning permission to Roles for that group. Hence, you can set any perm level for an item, and then do permission setting for it.

okay… i see i understand now. at first i thought perm level are hierarchy as you explain it turns out to be groups. is there any limit to how many levels? and what if administrator want to edit all field what is the perm level of the administrator

There are a total of 9 levels

Level 0. Since thats the default.

Thank you so much for your reply… one more question
is it possible to add more level?
and just to confirm level 0 can edit all perm level?

I am unsure about this.

Yes, because all fields are set to level 0 by default. But you can change the field levels as per your convenience. But yeah, level 0 is default.

Anytime :slight_smile:

@michelle I need to show a column in Appraisal form to a Manager Role only and once form status is “Submitted” it should be visible to all roles. How can we achieve this?

I can use below I can show the field to all when status is Submitted. I am not able to find a condition to show it to Manager Role in all status phases.

@juneja.mohit you’re better off writing a custom script to get this done.

With perm levels, you’ll be, at best, able to make the field read-only for non-manager roles.

@kennethsequeira Thanks!! I was not refreshing page after using the role in “Depends on” so it was not taking effect. It working now.