Field Label belongs to which database field?

is there a way to see the name of the database field (from inside the GUI in your browser) an entry of any form (a Doctype in ERPN terminology I guess?)

for example in the Customer Form. There is a field which is labeled “Full Name” in the GUI which relates to the database field called customer_name. Ideally I’d be able to see the database name (customer_name) when hovering with the mouse over the related label (Full Name).

Or is there any way to download all these to use that as a cheat sheet?
Being able to see these relations would help a lot to learn how things are connected and talk to each other

@vrms
if you on developer_mode, then you can see field name by just hovering on it.

1 Like

You could also go to “Customise Form” then load the Form you wish to investigate and note the “Name” column. It is the same as per the database field.

1 Like

@bohlian that’s where I got my example from, thanks. But I’d prefer the “hovering over” solution

@kolate_sambhaji will checkout the developer_mode then. Seems that is a popular topic in the forum so it should be easy to learn about it

1 Like

ok, got it.

Seems the trick that everybody knows, so no one mentions it is that you have to be the user “administrator” in order to see those mousover infos

1 Like