Field Customization Problem

Hi,

Right now, in ERPNext, Sales Invoice is called Receivable Voucher in the database. Hence, while trying to make a custom field, search for Receivable Voucher in the Document field.

We are in the process of changing those confusing names and this will get fixed in the 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
Developer, ERPNext.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Venkat <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

In the setting up of new custom field under customizing Setup, we are unable to draw Sales Invoice to create company TI N, PAN, Bank A/c Number &RTGS Code. In Kerala State Every Sales Invoice to be printed with Company VAT, Customer VAT etc ………….

Please give a solution

I have different customer fields in each document

sales-order , delivery note, sale invoice all having the following custom fields.

1) sales-order-vat-tin 2) sales-order-cst-tin
3) delivery-note-vat-tin 4) delivery-note-cst-tin

5) so on an so forth

also defined in - customer master.

Now su…@erpnext.com helped me fetch the value from customer-master everytime it was called for , or values fetched from its earlier doc…

@anand, does it mean that once the fix is done, Will I lose these custom fields and data related to these in my existing db ??

Regards,
Mahesh

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi,

Right now, in ERPNext, Sales Invoice is called Receivable Voucher in the database. Hence, while trying to make a custom field, search for Receivable Voucher in the Document field.

We are in the process of changing those confusing names and this will get fixed in the 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
Developer, ERPNext.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Venkat <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

In the setting up of new custom field under customizing Setup, we are unable to draw Sales Invoice to create company TI N, PAN, Bank A/c Number &RTGS Code. In Kerala State Every Sales Invoice to be printed with Company VAT, Customer VAT etc ………….

Please give a solution

Hi Mahesh,

You will not lose any data or customization. We will make sure that the changes in table names go smoothly even for custom fields.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Mahesh <ma…@maheshengg.com> wrote:

I have different customer fields in each document

sales-order , delivery note, sale invoice all having the following custom fields.

1) sales-order-vat-tin 2) sales-order-cst-tin
3) delivery-note-vat-tin 4) delivery-note-cst-tin

1. so on an so forth

also defined in - customer master.

Now su…@erpnext.com helped me fetch the value from customer-master everytime it was called for , or values fetched from its earlier doc…

@anand, does it mean that once the fix is done, Will I lose these custom fields and data related to these in my existing db ??

Regards,
Mahesh

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Anand Doshi <an…@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
Developer, ERPNext.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Venkat <ma…@gmail.com> wrote:

Please give a solution

Thank you Anand for the clarification.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Anand Doshi.
Developer, ERPNext.

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Venkat <ma…@gmail.com> wrote:

Please give a solution

--
Thanks and regards.

R Venkitachalam
Maithri Combines
3rd Floor, Kalyan Chambers
Chittoor Road, Ernakulam South
Cochin - 682016
Tel: +914842375-407/444,+ 919447122514
E mail: ma...@gmail.com