Fetch uom conversion factor from within print format item table

Hello. I want to be able to pull the uom conversion factor of an item for another UOM , from within the print format of the Delivery Note, specifically in the item table. I understand that following code:

{{frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom": i.uom}, "conversion_factor")}}

will fetch the conversion factor of the uom currently used in the delivery note. How do I get the uom factor for a different uom (already set up in the item master)?

For example:

Item has two UOMs:

1. meters - default
  2. rolls - conversion 0.1 (or 10 meters to 1 roll)

Delivery notes will use meters by default. But in the same document record, I would like to be able to show the rolls equivalent in the print format (and print format only). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

{% for i in doc.items %}
 {% set item = frappe.get_doc("Item", i.item_code) %}
      {% for u in item.uoms %}
         {{frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "conversion_factor")}}
      {% endfor %}
{% endfor %}
1 Like

Many thanks @Khadija that works!

1 Like

Just to try to add and contribute, I only wanted to get a certain type of UOM reflected in my custom print, hence the final snippet I’m using is:

{% for i in doc.items %}

{% for u in item.uoms %}

{%-if frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "uom") == "Roll"-%}
				<b><u>(
				{{(i.qty / frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "conversion_factor"))|round(2)}} {{ frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom},"uom")}}
				)</u></b>		
			{%- endif %}

{%-if frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "uom") == "Bag"-%}
				<b><u>(
				{{(i.qty / frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "conversion_factor"))|round(2)}} {{ frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom},"uom")}}
				)</u></b>		

{%- endif %}

{% endfor %}

{% endfor %}

So I’m encountering some problems with this code. Apparently, you need to use the uoms table name to match the same unique name from the uoms child table. Corrected code:

{%- for i in doc.items -%}
    	{%- set item = frappe.get_doc("Item", i.item_code) -%}
    		{% for u in item.uoms %}
    			{%-if frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "uom") == "Roll"-%}
    				(
    				{{frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"name":u.name}, "conversion_factor")}} 
    				)		
    			{%-elif frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"uom":u.uom}, "uom") == "Bag"-%}
    				(
    				{{frappe.db.get_value("UOM Conversion Detail", {"name":u.name}, "conversion_factor")}}
    				)
    			{%- endif %}
      		{% endfor %}
        {%- endfor -%}