[Feb 19] Easy install fails on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

I’m aware that there have been a few topics about Easy Install already, but none of them seems to have been properly resolved, so I’m opening this one.

I started on a fresh Ubuntu Server 18.0.4 LTS and followed the easy install instructions.

Following commands were used as User with Sudo rights:
sudo apt-get install python3-dev

After that, following commands were used as root:
cd
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py
python3 install.py --develop --user frappe

After that, the installation failed at this point:
TASK [bench: python3 bench init for develop]

Resulting in a very long error message.

Now I’m a bit puzzled what else I could do. I’ve been trying to install this since yesterday already, but I’m still a beginner with Frappe and wonder what steps to take from there on.

I would be grateful for some help and if you need to see the rest of the error message, let me know.

Best wishes,
Val

Hi welcome to ERPNext

Please copy and paste the screenshot here.

If you enclose that traceback output in leading and trailing ``` ‘markup’ that may keep the linefeeds intact to more readily spot what went wrong

thanks

Currently, I an unable to provide further screenshots. Right now, I’m trying the installation process on an earlier version: Ubuntu Server 16.04

As of right now, I am past the critical point, but the installation is not finished yet and he really takes a lot of time for some tasks, the current one being “install ERPNext to default site”, but no error has happened yet.

That said, I set up Ubuntu Server 16 on a VM with the additional option “standard system utilities”. I did not do this on the VM of Ubuntu Server 18, this is the only difference. Otherwise I proceeded with the installation on 16 just like I did on 18.

Edit: Easy install completed sucessfully in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Will try later to install on 18.04 later again and check if I can replicate the error.

Hi, try to check this topic: Ubuntu 18.04 -ERPNext installation