[FEATURE REQUEST]: Multiple barcode per Item

Did you have a solution for the problem? Because i have the same with console games like Ps3 games. Multiple barcodes for the same product from different countries

Hi there,

u can add a child table in item doctype to add multiple barcode.

After that u should manage POS to search barcodes in child table as well …

Thx for the solution. I gonna look for someone who going to implement it

Any luck configuring the desired setup?

Hello, Anyone did above request, I am also looking the same solution. I have already created the Chiled Barcode table under UOM so Each UOM will have barcode respectively. Now I want to know how to search in the POS Screen, is someone can help me?

Mohammed Sakeer,

Am looking for the same feature.

Bar-code for different UOM for an item.

Item - Pen

Unit - Nos Bracode: 489982734 Conversation factor - 1
Unit - Box Bracode: 893945934 Conversation factor - 10

And want these barcode to search from POS.

2 Likes

Actually is not possible

Is anyone in the community doing any work on this? I’ve done a simple survey and found that a vast majority of ERPs align barcodes to UOMs. This is a big necessity especially since items are packed in various packaging forms and it is really not best practice to create multiple item masters to represent this.

Would love to contribute so let me know if anyone is already doing something.

There is a feature request already open

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/6809

Are you willing to sponsor It?

@JoEz I could consider sponsoring it, can anyone put a cost to this?. But initially was actually thinking of developing it rather and pushing it upstream.

BTW, the design in [Enhancement] Adding multiple barcode per Item · Issue #6809 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub is perhaps not ideal. The Barcode should be aligned to the UOMs of each item. This is pretty standard in all other ERPs etc. What do you think @JoEz?

Well …would be possible to add another field in the item barcode table as. Link to UOM so that, if needed, will be possible to select the UOM and realte it to the barcode

@JoEz Any luck on this feature.

Actually approved …waiting to be merged …

Yes am just going through that.

@JoEz Hi, any update in this

Looks like @fas143 needs this as quickly as I do too.

Regards

1 Like

Using space, comma & semi colon between barcodes works under item list but not on POS.

Any ideas to make it work on POS?

Thanks

Is this feature part of the roadmap as well?

Hi,

Add multiple barcode in Item as you have.
It is default features of ERPNext.

bro this requirement is different
people asking multiple barcode accordingly UOM base
means pack item one barcode loose item other barcode carton item other barcode like

1 Like