Faster entry for Sales Cycle

I’m just wondering if you find that ERPNext makes your job easier.
I am finding that as far as the sales and order-creation process is concerned, it makes life more complicated for me.

I started using it mainly from a sales perspective when I was looking for a CRM. I liked the fact that I could also manage inventory movement automatically when sales are made. But honestly, I find that I have to go through so many screens to make a sale, that sometimes I postpone using ERPNext because I dread it. To make one sale:

1. Make Lead
  2. Lead contact details creation
  3. Make customer from lead
  4. Make sales order
  5. Make invoice
  6. Make payment
  7. Make delivery note
  8. Make installation note

Takes me anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes!! Here’s how I wish it worked:

1. Make sales order.
    (Without leaving the same screen, I can enter new customer details, payment info, delivery and installation date.)
    Done.

Even to make a quotation, I have to do this:

1. Make Lead
  2. Lead contact details creation
  3. Make quotation

Here’s how I would like to make a quotation:

1. Make quotation
    (Without leaving the same screen, I can enter the new lead details and it’s also saved as an opportunity.)

@PeterDF Lead is not mandatory. 30 mins is too bad.

@rmehta Thanks for agreeing with me.

In my experience I can’t create a customer without creating a lead. And what do you think of my suggestion for streamlining the order-creation process for a new customer:

Make sales order.
(Without leaving the same screen, I can enter new customer details, payment info, delivery and installation date.)
Done.

In my view, once you create a Customer, its a one-click for the rest of the cycle.

In v7 you can create a customer from within the Sales Order screen.

2 Likes

Creating a customer from within the sales-order screen is a very welcome development!

Does that mean that if a quotation was created for a Lead, the Lead will automatically become a customer upon making a Sales Order from the Quotation?