Exotel Integration: Unable to add Exophone in ERPNext & Get Customer popup when someone called me on my Exophone

Hi,

I followed the instructions given in following link
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/erpnext_integration/exotel_integration

I am unable to get Customer Popup when someone is calling me on my Exophone.

• I made configuration in Exotel App as mentioned in the doc

• Created Communication medium with Type = Voice, Added Employee group to the medium

Please help me capture the conversation details when someone called me on my Exophone.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod Kumar

Hi

So this popup (as proof!) here Introducing Call Popup and Exotel Integration 📞

is not happening here either Popup not showing in Exotel integration

To now no problem reports on github nor forum reports of success, so kudos you are a leading the charge adopter!

For clues to what is amiss, in Awesome search look for say ‘Communication Medium’ and ‘Call Log’.

On the server, searches like these may give you pointers

frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ find logs/ -name *.txt | grep create_call_log

frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ find logs/ -name *.txt | grep handle_incoming_call

As well on the server check /var/log/* for clues.

To debug on the client you already use postman that’s good ERPNext: SMS Gateway Integration - #2 by VinodKumarkolli

FWIW my interest here is as a coach with no hands-on working grasp of this api…

edit: To look over the code if that helps here’s the PR feat: Call Popup and Exotel Integration by surajshetty3416 · Pull Request #17763 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

We have setup exotel on ERPNext and trying to make some more changes for same.
For the current version for getting a pop up below are steps we followed

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext_documentation/issues/86

We had done exactly the same as stated, even the we can see the Call Logs in ERPN

But the POPup is not coming for the employee.

1 Like

Have you check it on different browsers with pop up enabled for your domain and which version erpnext you have

Good suggestions @Navo_Robo

No posts yet to report log contents that point to exactly what activity…

Besides checking the server end logs, Ctrl+Shift+I in either Chrome or Firefox web browser will open the debug tool. There you can check for activity with clues to what is happening on the client popup end.

1 Like

Hello,

How did you fetch the recording URL and duration of the call? In my system, it’s not working. I followed the documentation and also ticked on the “Record this call” in Exotel, however, it’s not fetching the recording. Did you change any code or how did you configure it?

And also explain about changing the status means how did you perform by code?

Please guide me I am trying to solve this for many days but did not get a solution.

Thanks in advance.