Errors while setting up ERPNext V13

Hi

I have just installed my V13 server

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
ERPNext: v13.11.1 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.11.0 (version-13)

There were a few small hitches while installing but I fixed that and all seemed to go well.
Logged into the server for the first time.
Went through the entire initial configuration ( Country, Language etc …)
Could log into my server.
Started setting up various fields as per my own docs that needs configuration : e.g.
account settings, buying settings, global settings etc .etc

And at some stage I went to the error log and found 3 errors:

Errror 1:

Heading of error : Error
Trace–

Error2:
Heading of error …
frappe.core.doctype.user.user.create_contact

Trace…

Error 3…
Heading of error
Trace

can someone please lend a helping hand, please ?

Hi,

For the first, try the code suggested by @ankush in this thread: https://discuss.frappe.io/t/v13-10-update-error-south-africa-vat/79823/3

The second and third appear to have something to do with email of the first login created , has that been changed or delerted?

Thank you @smino for your time. Appreciate it.

I will look at that post you referred to.

Update

One thing that I neglected to mention , is that these errors happened during the initial
login as Administrator.

At the time that I posted this, I was not aware of this. But in the meantime I have done
another V13 install following a different install procedure and this time I checked, before
actually dong anything, directly after the initial login where you complete Country and
language options etc … these errors occured.

And the same error occurred in the second V13 server I installed as well.

Hi

Isn’t there someone that can help me with this , please.

The errors I listed above are in the worker.error.log

I had a look a the …/core/doctpye/user.py file and compared it to the “user.py” file on my
V12 server and it is clear that there has been some re-write of the code.

I have just completed another V13 install and directly after the initial setting up …
country … language … currency …etc it generated this error. It seem to be related to
when the first user is created (during the initial procedure you must enter user-credentials).

And in the error-listing above it refers to “create_contact”. So I created another contact.
But during that “new user creation” it did not generate that error. I could create a new user
and it succesfully sent a welcome mail to the new -user. No errors in the error-log.

ERPNext: v13.11.1 (version-13)
Frappe Framework: v13.11.0 (version-13)

node -v && npm -v && python3 -V && pip3 -V && yarn -v
v12.22.6
Python 3.6.9
pip 21.2.4 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip (python 3.6)
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

The errors only happen when you select “South Africa” as country?

Hi @chopeta, thank you for your message

The error seem to be happening during the initial-setup phase of an installation and until now
all the installations of V13 that I have done, have been with the country set to “South Africa”.
If you think that that could assist in pin-pointing the problem , then I can do another install
and set the country to another setting. To just change the country setting on this installation
I suspect will not take us any closer because if I “create” a new user now, all seems fine.

Also , the email I am using is a working mail address, because after I complete the initial setting
up, I immediately do the E-mail setup ( E-mail, domain, account) and then create another user
and the welcome message is sent to the email of the “newuser” and this creation of a new
user does not cause an error.

I am with digital ocean so I can create another server … I see V13.12 is now out ??

Hi (Update)

I would like to ask again for some assistance on this one. I am at a critical stage where I need to
decide to either use V12 or use V13. I really would like to use V13 but I do feel uncomfortable
with the errors I found.

Here is some further testing I did …

In total I did 2 manual installs and 3 script installs on Digital Ocean servers (2CPU 4 G-RAM)

Let me list the errors and then I shall explain what I did …

( these errors occur during the initial setup of a freshly installed server where you must enter
country, language, currency etc…etc)

Here is error-1 …

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/setup_wizard/operations/taxes_setup.py”, line 110, in update_regional_tax_settings
frappe.get_attr(module_name)(country, company)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1190, in get_attr
return getattr(get_module(modulename), methodname)
AttributeError: module ‘erpnext.regional.south_africa.setup’ has no attribute ‘update_regional_tax_settings’ Blockquote

Here is error-2…

File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 104, in execute_job
method(**kwargs)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/user/user.py”, line 997, in create_contact
contact.insert(ignore_permissions=True, ignore_links=ignore_links, ignore_mandatory=ignore_mandatory)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 232, in insert
self._validate_links()
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 828, in validate_links
frappe.throw(
(“Could not find {0}”).format(msg),
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 438, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’, is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 417, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 371, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.LinkValidationError: Could not find User Id: Blockquote

Here is error-3…

File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py”, line 104, in execute_job
method(**kwargs)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/user/user.py”, line 997, in create_contact
contact.insert(ignore_permissions=True, ignore_links=ignore_links, ignore_mandatory=ignore_mandatory)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 232, in insert
self._validate_links()
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 828, in validate_links
frappe.throw(
(“Could not find {0}”).format(msg),
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 438, in throw
msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator=‘red’, is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 417, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “/home//frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 371, in _raise_exception
raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.LinkValidationError: Could not find User Id: Blockquote

This is what I did …
During the last 3 installs, I changed the country and email info to see the effect.

1. Script install ; Country = South Africa ; email used = email_1
    V13.11
    Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Mariadb 10.4.21
    Node : v12.22.6
    Python 3.8.10

Result : Error 1,2,3 occured

1. Script install ; Country = India ; email used = email_1
    V13.12 (next minor release)
    Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Mariadb 10.4.21
    Python 3.8.10

Result : error 2,3 occured
3. Script install ; Country = India ; email used = email_2
V13.12 (next minor release)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Mariadb 10.4.21
Python 3.8.10

Result error 2,3 occured

1. After initial setup; logout ; login again as Administrator ; create new user
    Result : no additional error

According to this, seems that error_1 is because I am in South Africa (country related)

I was suspecting that my install-methods may have caused these errors but all the manual and
script installs does the same.