Error: while updating ERPNext Version 7 to 8

This is normal behavior during an update. Are you getting an error message on the server console?

Error console.
I also did git pull in frappe-bench/apps/erpnext

git status - folder frappe-bench/apps/frappe

If you have no changes, just go to the frappe and/or ERPNext folders and do a git stash. While doing that you may need to provide your E-Mail ID and name.

Please do so, and your upgrade should go through.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

I added my email id and name but it showing same error “Your system is being updated. Please refresh again after a few moments”

Did you do git stash (Don’t run this command if you have made any code customizations. Configuration customizations is no problem) in one or both two folders - frappe and erpnext?

Then run bench update in the frappe-bench folder.

Thanks

Jay

Yes, i did some customizations in erpnext and right now my erpnext version is 7.0 but i want to upgrade version 8.

When i run bench update in frappe-bench folder it may not add new features of erpnext version 8.

What should i do? Any easy way?
Thanks
Wahab

What customizations are these? Custom Fields/Scripts? Or did you change the .py files?

Thanks

Jay

I did only front hand customizations like add some custom fields in existing doctype and create one doctype “Named by Job Requisition”.

Wahab

It shouldn’t get messed up. Take a backup. And proceed ahead without fear. Hopefully even Named by Requisition will migrate through without any problems.

But you should move all your customizations into an app to ensure that if anything breaks, your app does and you an fix the app yourself.

If you want to be extra careful, build another instance of ERPNext and use your backup file and restore onto the new Version 8 instance. If everything goes well, you can just point your browser to the new instance. If you have problems, it won’t affect your primary production system.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Thank you so much Mr. Jay

wahab

This is normal behavior during an update. Are you getting an error message on the server console?