Error While opening custom App

Hi, I was following the tutorial for creating an App and Doctypes for that. Till saving the docType works fine, but as soon as I try to open Meeting app (name of the Custom App) in the search bar it throws this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 55, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
 File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
 File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 36, in execute_cmd
  ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
 File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 880, in call
  return fn(*args, **newargs)
TypeError: get() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

Can you guys please help on this one. thanks!

Can you please check if your app exists by using this command on frappe-bench.
bench list-apps

yes it does.

afla:frappe-bench ravi$ bench list-apps

frappe
erpnext
meeting

These are steps I did:

• created the app
  • installed it on the site
  • created docType - doctype got created, checked

Now when I search for meeting app, on clicking suggestion ā€œOpen Meetingā€ I get this error.

Can you check the module name you have set in the app definition? This needs to be present in modules.txt file.

its ā€˜Meetingā€™. I did not set this. while creating the app it asked for the name.

@Pawan @KanchanChauhan , do you guys want to use team viewer and help me fix the issue ? because I am kind of stuck here!

Hi guys, any idea what can be done about the issue ?

1 Like

Same here :slight_smile:

@KanchanChauhan @Pawan @rushabh_mehta Guys I have tried creating different app and installing it on newly created site. Not able to figure out the issue. This is blocking a lot of things for us. It would be great if some could help us debug the issue. Thanks !

1 Like

Could you post the complete error log ? Hope that you are following all the steps in detail that are mentioned in the tutorial

This is what I get in console while searching for the new app.

09:38:49 web.1            | 2016-09-30 09:38:49,489 -    /Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py  [ERROR]:
09:38:49 web.1            | Site: nest4
09:38:49 web.1            | Form Dict: {
09:38:49 web.1            |  "cmd": "frappe.desk.moduleview.get"
09:38:49 web.1            | }
09:38:49 web.1            | Request Error
09:38:49 web.1            | Traceback (most recent call last):
09:38:49 web.1            |   File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe- bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 55, in application
09:38:49 web.1            |     response = frappe.handler.handle()
09:38:49 web.1            |   File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-  bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 19, in handle
09:38:49 web.1            |     execute_cmd(cmd)
09:38:49 web.1            |   File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 36, in execute_cmd
09:38:49 web.1            |     ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
09:38:49 web.1            |   File "/Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 880, in call
09:38:49 web.1            |     return fn(*args, **newargs)
09:38:49 web.1            | TypeError: get() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)
09:38:49 web.1            | 2016-09-30 09:38:49,495 - /Users/ravi/Documents/nestaway/frappe-bench/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/error.py [ERROR]:
09:38:49 web.1            | New Exception collected with id: 2016-09-30 09:38:49.490778-127.0.0.1-bd6
09:38:49 web.1            | 127.0.0.1 - - [30/Sep/2016 09:38:49] "POST / HTTP/1.1" 500 -

I got that Request Error too with these custom app examples:

https://anybox.fr/blog/introduction-to-erpnext-module-development

Create a DummyDocType in the app module and the error goes away!