Error while installing bench repo

Hi friends,

when I am trying to install bench repo in my ubuntu.when i run the following command

sudo pip install -e bench-repo

i get the following error.

The directory '/home/erpnext/.cache/pip/http' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
The directory '/home/erpnext/.cache/pip' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.
Obtaining file:///home/erpnext/logistics/bench-repo
Requirement already satisfied: Click in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: jinja2 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: virtualenv in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: requests in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: honcho in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: psutil in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: python-crontab in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: semantic_version in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: GitPython==0.3.2.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=0.23 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jinja2->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3<1.23,>=1.21.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from requests->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<2.7,>=2.5 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from requests->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<3.1.0,>=3.0.2 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from requests->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from requests->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from python-crontab->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: gitdb>=0.6.0 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from GitPython==0.3.2.1->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.5 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from python-dateutil->python-crontab->bench==4.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: smmap>=0.8.5 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from gitdb>=0.6.0->GitPython==0.3.2.1->bench==4.1.0)
Installing collected packages: bench
  Found existing installation: bench 4.1.0
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 342, in run
    prefix=options.prefix_path,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 778, in install
    requirement.uninstall(auto_confirm=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req/req_install.py", line 703, in uninstall
    '(at %s)' % (link_pointer, self.name, dist.location)
AssertionError: Egg-link /home/erpnext/company/bench-repo does not match installed location of bench (at /home/erpnext/newproject/bench-repo)

please help me to solve this…

I’m not able to recreate the error at my end.
But it seems you already have bench installed on your system, so you can simply do a bench init frappe-bench at your desired location to install frappe. Follow this guide if need be.

Now coming to the error, while installing bench the 1st time, you had installed it from /home/erpnext/newproject/bench-repo . And this time you’re trying to install it from /home/erpnext/logistics/bench-repo which is probably causing the error.

Mr. @codingCoffee I have the same problem

I can’t proceed to bench init frappy-bench because I get other errors like bellow

my error is like this

AssertionError: Egg-link /root/bench-repo does not match installed location of bench (at /opt/bench/bench-repo)

isn’t there anyway to remove first one?