Error when creating a site on Ubuntu 18.04

When executing bench new-site I get an error:
pymysql.err.InternalError: (1101, “BLOB/TEXT column ‘scopes’ can’t have a default value”)

Do you have any customizations?

No just followed the standard installation, which used to work fine.
22) sudo mkdir -p /opt/erpnext
23) sudo chown -R erpnext /opt/erpnext
24) cd /opt/erpnext
25) sudo apt-get install git -y
26) sudo npm install chalk
27) sudo ln -s /usr/bin/pip3 /usr/bin/pip
28) git clone GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps bench-repo
29) sudo pip3 install -e bench-repo

1. bench init erpnext
  2. cd erpnext
  3. bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
  4. bench new-site test-server.net

it goes wrong in the last step. I think a default value for a BLOB was specified in the installation scripts.

Welcome to the Frappe/ERPNext community!

Why don’t you give a try to simple docker based deployment comes with production and development both environments with few simple steps.

I will try that, but the fact remains that it used to install with no problems and now it doesn’t. May something wrong in the latest git files?

It is hard to say, there are lot of dependencies and 3rd party softwares involved.

Ok this seems to be problem, you might be pulling edge repository, which hosts code not ready for any use case except development and testing.

So when you git clone erpnext module into ~/frappe-bench/ (frappe base app) after installation bench tool. you should checkout with right release tags to so that you get stable code for Frappe and/or ERPNext.