Error sending mails

Hi,
I configured the outgoing emails and I have no error at the time of saving the configuration but when I try to send the email it sent an error, the error is the next:

Traceback (innermost last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 51, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 69, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 92, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 751, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/communication/communication.py”, line 259, in make
“recipients”: ", ".join(recipients) if recipients else None
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string or Unicode, NoneType found

I got the security permissions of google, does anything come to you ?

With other Email Accounts I can send the Emails but never arrive, it seems to me very weird…

Not sure, but seems like while typing recipients email one extra “,” got added as per error log.
You may refer below settings, Gmail, Google apps and Mandrill works perfectly fine.

Sunil
Nescode (https://www.nescode.com)
Partner for ERPNext

I can solve the problem, my settings are exactly like the ones you have in the screenshots, the problem was that I dont know why if I create a user and a email account and I send a mail while I’m logged in the Administrator account and then I log out and logIn with the User account, the Email will send to me an error, that was the problem. So, when create a new user and a email account linked with that user don’t try to send emails while Logged in the Administrator account, Log out and then LogIn with the corresponding user.

In general use case, most of the people keep one “default sending” account for notifications and replies. Irrespective of account you logged in - mail should be delivered smoothly.

Sunil
Nescode (https://www.nescode.com)
Partner for ERPNext

1 Like