Error: 'Default for naming_series must be an option'

Hi,

I am getting the above error when trying to do a bench update. I have customized the naming_series for a few Documents through the Naming Series Tool. How do I fix the problem

regards

@mehta_akshay,

Please check the default option set for the naming series doctype, It looks like you have set the options in naming series like A, B, C but in default you have set options other than A, B, C

Thanks

@makarand_b

I have just changed the Naming Series via Naming Series tool. Another thing, I am not sure how important this would be, but I also have a Custom App installed and this error seems to generate when Syncing the fixtures during bench update. And I can confirm that there was no change in fixtures before the update.

Hi, since it seems relevant, I am reviving this thread.
I did the same, did a bench update, and got:
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Default for naming_series must be an option

But I cannot go back to my erpnext installation to change the naming_series back, since I blatantly did a bench upgrade on production.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to bump. Or, is there a way that I can actually install v10, load the old DB, change the naming series, and them upgrade? Would it hurt my data?

Best,
MAA

Its been a long time since I had a go at ERPNext.

However do you have a custom app installed ?

If yes, then go to the .json file in fixtures that’s causing the error and manually correct the value for “default field” under the naming series field, and then run “bench migrate” I am not sure if this would work, its been a long time.

Installing v10 and loading the old db doing the update, should not hurt the data. But I suggest you should do a backup before proceeding.

Edit: What version is the old db from?

Akshay

I had two apps, base_vat and fedex_integration.

I ditched the old bench and created a new one, as I often also forget what I had done with the first one.
I did the db migrations, painful couple of hours (fedex_integration doesn’t setup automatically anymore) with some manual table work. (Could be due to the fact that I didn’t have exact match with the old v10.x apps)

The old db was from version 10.
Thanks for the comment, it brought some courage for the work.