Error after upgrade

After upgrading to latest version

erpnext 14.x.x-develop
frappe 14.x.x-develop

I’m getting this error in the backend and can’t do anything

Failed to get method for command frappe.desk.desktop.get_wspace_sidebar_items with module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'

Any help with this?

apply

bench migrate

then check.

Done and still getting

Failed to get method for command frappe.desk.desktop.get_wspace_sidebar_items with module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'

bench setup requirements
bench build
bench clear-cache
bench clear-website-cache
bench migrate

if not worked then after reinstalling frappe

Thanks.

Nope again the same issue it didn’t work. What do you mean reinstalling frappe? Do I have to start all over with losing my data?

The underlying error message is

{
  "exc_type": "ValidationError",
  "exception": "frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Failed to get method for command frappe.desk.desktop.get_wspace_sidebar_items with module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'",
  "exc": "[\"Traceback (most recent call last):\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\\\", line 72, in execute_cmd\\n    method = get_attr(cmd)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\\\", line 256, in get_attr\\n    method = frappe.get_attr(cmd)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 1541, in get_attr\\n    return getattr(get_module(modulename), methodname)\\nAttributeError: module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'\\n\\nDuring handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:\\n\\nTraceback (most recent call last):\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/app.py\\\", line 69, in application\\n    response = frappe.api.handle()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/api.py\\\", line 54, in handle\\n    return frappe.handler.handle()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\\\", line 45, in handle\\n    data = execute_cmd(cmd)\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py\\\", line 74, in execute_cmd\\n    frappe.throw(_(\\\"Failed to get method for command {0} with {1}\\\").format(cmd, e))\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 512, in throw\\n    msgprint(\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 487, in msgprint\\n    _raise_exception()\\n  File \\\"apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 439, in _raise_exception\\n    raise raise_exception(msg)\\nfrappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Failed to get method for command frappe.desk.desktop.get_wspace_sidebar_items with module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'\\n\"]",
  "_server_messages": "[\"{\\\"message\\\": \\\"Failed to get method for command frappe.desk.desktop.get_wspace_sidebar_items with module 'frappe.desk.desktop' has no attribute 'get_wspace_sidebar_items'\\\", \\\"title\\\": \\\"Message\\\", \\\"indicator\\\": \\\"red\\\", \\\"raise_exception\\\": 1}\"]"
}

@ioweb-gr there is a function in frappe/desk/desktop.py called (get_workspace_sidebar_items) , change it’s name or add another one called (get_wspace_sidebar_items) .
idk why you got this error , it’s probably a bug comming from updating . a fresh install of v14 would be better .

Renaming the function yielded the following error instead

cannot import name 'get_workspace_sidebar_items' from 'frappe.desk.desktop' (/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/desktop.py)

I wouldn’t wish to do a fresh install as I need the data to be preserved :frowning:

hi

try

bench build --force

and

bench clear-cache

Nope, didn’t work

@ioweb-gr try a bench update --reset

I’ve already done

bench update --reset ; bench migrate; bench clear-cache

@ioweb-gr just try a fresh install and transfer your data using bench restore . I have done this and it went just fine . the tables were a little bit different , but migrating the site will fix it .