Error after update bench

Hello there

I am using ERPNext on Oracle VM VirtualBox, after execute bench update… i am not able to access my local host . there is no error on my localhost page and i can see the log in page but i am not able to loge in… i did bench clear-cache , bench restart and … but still can not access my localhost. please help me

Did your bench update show any error?

no it didn’t !!

I had my own app and site on ERPNext and they were working correctly, then i tried to create another app on the same site but i received error–> no module named myapp.hook… so i did bench update, hoping that i would help but it didnt and now i have no error but i can not do the log-in to my localhost

also when i am trying to access blog from my local host this error will be show

Traceback (innermost last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 69, in application
response = frappe.website.render.render(request.path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 40, in render
data = render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 107, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 114, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 127, in build_page
context = get_context(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 16, in get_context
context = build_context(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 54, in build_context
ret = module.get_context(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/templates/pages/list.py”, line 21, in get_context
context.update(get(**frappe.local.form_dict))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/templates/pages/list.py”, line 40, in get
limit_start=limit_start, limit_page_length=limit_page_length)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/blog_post/blog_post.py”, line 160, in get_blog_list
posts = frappe.db.sql(query, as_dict=1)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 146, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘communication_type’ in ‘where clause’”)

So essentially your bench update was unsuccessful and it has broken your setup.

and it looks like your app wasn’t created successfully or one of your modification broke it.

If you are not using the app that you created, I recommend that you uninstall that app using bench uninstall-app myapp and run bench update again.

fixed thank you