ERPNext Version 9 POS update requests

Hahahaha… @‎adam26d not really! But over time I have seen this; they even ask; ‘do I hit enter?’ they just keep hitting it!

Hi team.

What’s the status of this request list?

We should add an item to POS settings:

a. Print dialog ON/OFF - To allow us to disable that annoying pop up. Or it can auto select print if necessary to produce the layout. Then we can deal with the OS print pop up ourselves.

b. Open new cart after payment (on current cart). ON/OFF

c. Can Pay Less than tendered. ON/OFF. Can customers who pay less still be allowed to pay? Usually no in common retail stores. Instead it works for credit customers, restaurants.

And a more complicated, not priority one:

No submit invoice dialogue. Instead we’d need to show a history of last invoices and can click to bring up the items and edit them. It could ask for an admin/supervisor password at this point. I said it was more complex than the others. But we already have the logic for this in the customer queue.

What are your thoughts guys, any improvements to these suggestions?

Regarding the final step in the transaction this is usually done in multiple ways.

There should be 3 options:

Cancel - cancels the current transaction. Clears everything.
Save Only - Saves the transaction, but no printed receipt.
Save & Print - Saves the transaction, prints a receipt.

The reason for this is that in some environments and certain use cases a receipt is not always necessary.

Additionally there is a button called “Put on Hold” which places the current transaction on hold and opens up a new transaction to process another customer who may be ready to checkout. When a new transaction opens this button changes to “Held Receipts” which when clicked takes you to the list of held transactions which you can select and then continue the checkout process.

This the same way quickbooks POS uses. See below.

qb

First; update, We have been using the pos since the last update where the search was fixed, its a lot better.

For printing:

1. we have merged the ‘print’ and ‘New’ buttons into one button we call ‎’Print and New’; you can also make it whatever you want like ‘Conclude’.

2. Enabled --kiosk-printing in Chrome so print job is sent directly to default printer; suppressing the ‎print dialog (be sure to do a print before this and setup your optimal layout).

Overall effect: after submit dialog, the Print and New button is clicked, which silently prints one copy (or as set in initial print); and opens a new sale.

To sell to multiple customers (say one forgets something and walks back into the shop), we have always used tabs, to make it intuitive for the cashiers; we have directed them to duplicate the current tab; which nicely always opens a new sale (doesn’t duplicate the previous one)‎. They have the options of renaming the invoice to the customers first name or whatever they’ll remember, switching to form view and saving the invoice, this way, the tabs are titled to the names of the invoices and they can easily switch and handle different customers. This has worked very well in our busiest shops.

The held receipts/tab functionality has a limit though. Sometimes some transactions could be held for days/weeks and the amount of tab (visibility) will become harder to read vs a list.

I suggest a separate list of all held transactions.

Which update is this? sounds good but I’m afraid Chrome printouts are still popping up.

I also like the switch profiles function in the latest POS. Just not sure if that accomplishes the Supervisor override function we were looking for.

The merging is actually just a simple edit in the code (you’ll loose it with updates). The kiosk-printing is a setting you make in the target field of Chrome, very well explained; just do a Google search so you get better details.

1 Like