ERPNext Translator does not work properly

just wanted to improve some german tranlations, but …

I can not login (system stays checking to login). After tweaking i am finally logged in, but it is impossible to change values. Nothing happens after pressing update.

Can somebody check?

Stuck here too.

Server Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 52, in application
    init_request(request)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 118, in init_request
    frappe.local.http_request = frappe.auth.HTTPRequest()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/auth.py", line 51, in __init__
    frappe.local.login_manager = LoginManager()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/auth.py", line 113, in __init__
    self.make_session(resume=True)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/auth.py", line 182, in make_session
    full_name=self.full_name, user_type=self.user_type)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 201, in __init__
    self.resume()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 256, in resume
    data = self.get_session_record()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 273, in get_session_record
    r = self.get_session_data()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 287, in get_session_data
    data = self.get_session_data_from_cache()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 304, in get_session_data_from_cache
    self.delete_session()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 335, in delete_session
    delete_session(self.sid, reason="Session Expired")
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py", line 87, in delete_session
    logout_feed(user, reason)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/activity_log/feed.py", line 57, in logout_feed
    add_authentication_log(subject, user, operation="Logout")
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/activity_log/activity_log.py", line 44, in add_authentication_log
    }).insert(ignore_permissions=True, ignore_links=True)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 249, in insert
    self.run_post_save_methods()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 916, in run_post_save_methods
    self.run_method("on_update")
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 781, in run_method
    out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1060, in composer
    return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1045, in runner
    add_to_return_value(self, f(self, method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/automation/doctype/assignment_rule/assignment_rule.py", line 116, in apply
    assignment_rules = frappe.cache().get_value('assignment_rule', get_assignment_rules)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/redis_wrapper.py", line 79, in get_value
    val = generator()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/automation/doctype/assignment_rule/assignment_rule.py", line 124, in get_assignment_rules
    return [d.document_type for d in frappe.db.get_all('Assignment Rule', fields=['document_type'], filters=dict(disabled = 0))]
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py", line 514, in get_all
    return frappe.get_all(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1281, in get_all
    return get_list(doctype, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1254, in get_list
    return frappe.model.db_query.DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(None, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 93, in execute
    result = self.build_and_run()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 105, in build_and_run
    args = self.prepare_args()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 124, in prepare_args
    self.set_optional_columns()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py", line 272, in set_optional_columns
    columns = frappe.db.get_table_columns(self.doctype)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py", line 836, in get_table_columns
    raise self.ProgrammingError
pymysql.err.ProgrammingError

I confirm that login to translate.erpnext.com (that’s what you are talking about, right?) appears to freeze.

Nobody takes care about https://translate.erpnext.com/ ?

Still not working (I have tried: Chrome, Firefox, Edge).

@rmehta: Who is responsible for https://translate.erpnext.com? Is this site no longer needed or are better translations not wanted anymore?
What is the reason why this site is not accessible since weeks?

in a scenario like this one the answer to such a question always will be “priorities”, I guess.

It is not accessible for weeks because it broke, and nobody fixed it, because nobody had sufficient priority for this matter.

If you are able to offer help in regards to this I am certain it’ll be highly welcomed.

Can someone point out what sort of access would be required to fix this? Is it administrator access to the erpnext.com platform? If so then (similar to the beta.erpnext.com & demo.erpnext.com) the ball seems to be lying with the frappe core team unfortunately

ERPNext Translator is a good tool to contribute and to make ERPNext comprehensible and usable in other languages. It is a pity that the core team is not able to support their own “core”-tools appropriately, which are based on frappe technology.

How else can we convince people to invest time and money in this impressive piece of software?

I agree to that, but also see that there is a bunch of things to do and it’s not solely Frappe’s core team that can be responsible for everything. It’s the entire Community who is in charge to make things work. Even though one could argue Frappe Pvt may benefit from each entry to the translation and likewise it could be a good investment from their side to fix translate.erpnext.com, accounts.erpnext.com, demo.erpnext.com quickly

On the other hand we do not have detailed insight in what they actually are doing (aka put more priority into), so I am not the person to judge.

From what I have seen the best way to get support on anything is to contribute and let the core team guide you where you get stuck. That sai, I am not sure this is even possible for the sites we are talking about here because they may be deeply integrated into the erpnext.com cloud which makes it a more sensitive matter.

2 Likes

I can confirm sign up worked for me just now Translation portal registration not working - #2 by clarkej